1

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have just started our descent and we expect to land at the Ottawa International airport in approximately 20 minutes. The weather outside is cloudy with the temperature sitting at around of 4 degrees Celsius or 39 degrees Fahrenheit. Please make sure your seat belt is securely fastened, your seat back and tray table are in their full upright position. Please also stow any carry-on items either in the seat-back pocket or under the seat in front of you until we land. Thank you for flying, United and I hope you enjoy your time in the Capital region."

United States Women's National Soccer Team member, Kelley O'Hara steps off the plane and joins the line to go through customs and claim her baggage.

"Welcome to Ottawa; what's the purpose of your visit and expected duration of your stay?"

"About a week and I'm meeting up with a friend of mine, she's the goaltender of the new Ottawa PWHL team."

"Oh, yeah; who's that?"

"Dakota Mason; Have you heard of her?"

The customs officer smiles and nods, "I have. Mason, is the Canadian National Team's starting goaltender as well, right? My wife and daughter are going to the game against Montreal. My girl, she's pretty good and hasn't stopped talking about what it'd be like to one day play in the PWHL."

Kelley smiles, "It should be a good game. I'm not a pro hockey player, but I am a member of the United States Women's National Soccer Team; would you like an autograph for your daughter?'

"No offense, but, unless your name is Jessie Fleming, Christine Sinclair or even Alex Morgan, I don't think she'll know who you are."

"Ouch. Alex happens to be one of my best friends, I'm sure if you gave me your daughter's name and your address, she'd send out something for her."

"I appreciate the offer; however, it wouldn't be appropriate for me to share my information with you. You're clear to go through. Enjoy your time in Ottawa and the game. Next in line."

Kelley grabs her luggage and then exits the glass doors, looking around until she spots the goaltender holding up a wall, while playing on her phone.

Walking over, Kelley stands and waits to draw her former not wife's attention away from the screen. She clears her throat rather loudly and Dakota chuckles as she finally clues into the fact that she's no longer alone.

They share a hug and smile at one another.

"It's so good to see you! I hope you've got a warmer jacket than that in your luggage, because it's getting colder by the minute."

Kelley smiles and nods, "I do; don't worry, I haven't forgotten how cold it gets up here. You look so good, Bear; the hair, wow!"

Dakota chuckles, "You know, no one calls me Bear anymore. It's mostly Mase or Mason."

"Is it okay if I still call you Bear?"

She smiles and nods, "Am I too assume that stop number one will be to grab a coffee?"

"Yes, that's one thing that hasn't changed about me; I love me a good Americano."

"There's a cute little cafe not too far from where we live." Dakota looks downward and then back at Kelley, "We should probably get a move on before I max out my parking."

Kelley follows her friend and former lover to the airport parkade, loading her suitcase in the backseat before climbing in and allowing Dakota to pay for the parking and catch the parkway towards her townhouse located just across the Chaudière Bridge in Gatineau, Quebec.