4

Kelley looks around the small coffee shop, "You know, I kind of figured when you said you'd show me around Ottawa that it'd be more than just a series of coffee shops."

"I'm sorry; my head just isn't in it today. You probably should have just stayed back with Mase."

Kelley reaches across the table and takes Emily's hand, "I get it, I really do. Here's my suggestion, we head downtown, walk and you can talk my ear off about anything and everything. You've got a big game coming up and you need a clear head for it, so let me be your sounding board."

Clarky smiles at Kelley, "You'd do that for me?"

Kelley nods, "I would on the condition that you show me where I can get a Beavertail. I had one when I was in Montreal with Bear and it's the offseason, so, I can indulge a little."

Emily stands up, "In that case, I'm taking you to the Canal. I don't think it's frozen enough to allow for skating or walking on but there's usually a Beavertail stand nearby."

"Can I at least finish my coffee first?"

"You are aware that it's portable, right?"

Kelley bursts out laughing, "My bad."

After spending the next few hours together, it's clear that both of them are feeling one another but not wanting to cross the unwritten/invisible line.

"I should probably drop you back to Mase's place soon. I'm sure that she and Gen are home now from the airport."

Kelley looks over at her and softly smiles, "I'm sure they won't mind a little extra alone time."

Emily chuckles, "Have you met Genevieve?"

"She and Dakota came to my wedding. Can't say that I've spent much time with her though."

"Honestly, I'm envious of the two of them; they're perfect for one another and together. It's a little sickening at times to be around two people who are so in love."

Kelley chuckles. "How long have you and Dakota been friends?"

"Since we were teenagers climbing the ranks of Hockey Canada together."

"So, awhile."

Emily smiles and chuckles, "Yeah."

Kelley can't help but smile upon seeing Emily smiling and laughing.

"What's on the schedule for you tomorrow?"

"We have a training and media."

"Think they'd allow me to sneak in and watch your training?"

"Practices are closed to the public, however, Gen might be able to sneak you in with her all-access pass. Just wondering though, if you being in attendance might be a distraction for umm you know the other players."

Kelley smiles, "And how exactly would I be a distraction?"

"Well, we do have some Americans players on our roster and I'm sure they'll know who you are, not to mention the media team will jump on it and I'm not certain that either you or Mase want to explain your connection or have it get out before puck drop."

Kelley shrugs, "They don't have to know about our not so marriage, only that we're friends. Don't forget I also know players on other teams in the league like Hilary Knight. It's more about supporting all of the players and the league then just being in attendance and cheering on Bear or you." Kelly smiles as she says the last part, hoping that the woman across from her will notice.

Kelley's phone buzzes and she looks down at the screen, finding a message from Dakota.

New Message

Bear: Are you having supper with us or Clarky?