31 | BIRTHDAY

I AM NOT AN ENABLER.

"HAVE YOU GOT EVERYTHING?"

"Yes, Ivy," Harry sighed, though he wasn't really annoyed as the older girl fussed over him in the train station.

"Hedwig's cage?"

"Already on the train."

"We packed your new dress robes, right? I don't know why on earth they had that on the packing list this year," Ivy muttered with a small frown. "Oh, and the chocolate chip cookies I made for Draco?"

"I've got them," he said with a smile. "Dray said he was going to try and find us once the train takes off."

"Good. Give him a hug for me — you as well," she said, pulling Harry into a tight hug, which he happily returned.

"Darling, you have to let him go at some point," Sirius said in a teasing tone. "Or you'll suffocate him."

Though he couldn't blame Ivy for worrying about Harry after all that'd happened over the summer. It was dangerous, and yet again, Dementors would be guarding the school — not that they were very effective given that Sirius easily snuck past them.

And as Harry hugged Ivy, he found that for the first time, he wasn't quite as excited to go back to Hogwarts. This time, he wasn't leaving behind the dreadful Dursleys. He was leaving behind a family that he loved, one that he would miss.

"I'm fine with suffocation," Harry declared, making Sirius laugh. "Ivy, make sure you don't open your birthday present until tomorrow."

"Just don't get into any trouble this year. Take care of yourself and let Hufflepuff win the Quidditch Cup this year," she said, partly joking.

"Oh, no," Sirius said, pulling her back. "He's going to dominate the pitch and cause so much trouble that Minnie has to call me into her office."

"Ugh, Gryffindors," she said, rolling her eyes playfully. Sirius just laughed and kissed the side of her head. "Alright, you've got your Hogsmeade slip, right?"

"Like I'd forget it. Sneaking there is too much work," the boy said.

"Got the map?" Sirius asked with a proud smile.

"And the cloak," he assured him. Then he caught Ivy's disapproving stare. "Which I will not use to cause any trouble at all."

"Thank you for humoring me," she murmured before giving him a little push toward the train. "Go on. The train's about to leave."

"Love you guys," Harry said, moving to hug Sirius one last time. "I'll see you at Christmas."

It was his first Christmas that he'd have a home to go to.

As Harry ran onto the train, Sirius studied Ivy, who had a concerned expression on her face. So, he wrapped his arm around her. "He'll be alright."

"You haven't been around him for his first few years here. Something is going to go wrong — whether it's Pettigrew or flying a car into the Whomping Willow."