Harvest of Helpers

Title: Harvest of Helpers

In the heart of California, nestled amid rolling hills and sprawling vineyards, stood the enigmatic Ravenwood Winery. Despite its picturesque facade, whispers lingered in the crisp autumn air, tales of a dark secret that lurked within its aging walls.

Jill had been the Operations Manager of Ravenwood Winery for longer than she cared to remember. Beneath her composed demeanor lay a gnawing unease, fueled by the winery's sinister reputation and the unsettling disappearances of its transient employees.
Each month, like clockwork, a new face would arrive, eager to indulge in the allure of winemaking amidst the tranquil countryside. And each month, under the eerie glow of the full moon, they would vanish without a trace.

As the moon waxed and waned, Jill found herself entangled in a web of deceit and dread. She alone bore witness to the silent procession of lost souls, their fleeting presence marked by empty workstations and unanswered questions.
Despite the mounting toll, Jill remained steadfast in her resolve to shield Ravenwood Winery from the prying eyes of law enforcement. To her, the disappearances were a macabre riddle, shrouded in shadows and steeped in the whispers of the past.
Her steadfast facade wavered only in the presence of Erica, her best friend and confidante. Bound by a shared history that stretched back to childhood, Jill found solace in Erica's unwavering loyalty, even as the darkness threatened to consume them both.

Erica, with her tempestuous demeanor and maniacal gaze, was an enigma unto herself. Beneath her veneer of indifference lay a wellspring of resentment and longing. Anyone she worked with was silently regarded as an adversary.
In the stillness of Ravenwood Winery, as the moon cast its pallid glow upon the land once more, Jill confronted Erica with a plea born of desperation and fear. She spoke of the whispers that haunted the vineyards, of the specter that lingered in the shadows, hungry for the souls of the unsuspecting.

But Erica remained unmoved, her laughter echoing through the empty corridors like the tolling of a funeral bell. To her, the disappearances could be marked as mere coincidence.

No one could know the horrible truth.

As the nights grew colder and the winds whispered secrets of the beyond, Jill found herself ensnared in a labyrinth of deceit and betrayal. Each passing month brought new faces to Ravenwood Winery; eager souls drawn to the promise of work among the vines.
And yet, beneath the veneer of hospitality lay a darker truth, a pact forged in blood and bound by friendship. With each new arrival, Erica's hunger only grew, her appetite insatiable as she feasted upon the poor souls who dared to tread upon her domain. Blood was spilled by every employee, their remains always buried amidst the winding paths of vines by the hapless yet loyal Jill.

 Blood was spilled by every employee, their remains always buried amidst the winding paths of vines by the hapless yet loyal Jill