Chapter One

All throughout his childhood and teenage years, the only thing Bakugou had dreamed of was becoming a hero better than All Might. He had just known, with skills and a quirk like his, that he could easily top the hero charts and be number one. He'd been right, too . . . Except for one tiny little problem.

Deku.

That damn nerd had somehow managed to get himself chosen as the successor to All Might himself and thus had inherited the former number one hero's quirk. While he had been a thorn in Bakugou's side during their years at UA, now that the two of them had become licensed heroes at Endeavor's Agency, Deku had become a downright menace.

He was always one step ahead of Bakugou; reaching the villains sooner, finishing off battles quicker, and able to comfort poor, helpless (and annoying) bystanders better. In essence, he had outshone Bakugou in every way.

But not for long. If Bakugou's plan went right, then tonight all of that was going to change. He was going to be number one! Even if that meant having to pretend that he had fallen in love with a villain.

Bakugou curled his lip, disgusted at the very thought of what he was planning on doing. But as far as he could tell, it was his only chance to figure out what the League of Villains were up to.

That was IF he could convince that pink cheeked villain that he was really in love with her and get her to fall in love with him in return.

Bakugou bit his lip to keep from throwing up at the mere thought.

Much to his annoyance, at the work desk next to his own, Deku noticed.

"Hey, are you okay, Kacchan?" The green haired man asked, leaning over his desk to peer at Bakugou in concern.

Bakugou glared at him. "I'm fine! Why wouldn't I be?" He snapped, drawing the attention of some of the other sidekicks that worked at Endeavor's Agency. "I'm not a weakling like you!"

That was a lie and they both knew it. Deku hadn't been a weakling for a long time. Fortunately for Bakugou's pride, Deku chose not to call him out on it.

"That villain—Uravity—has been causing a lot of trouble, huh?" Deku said instead, his gaze flicking down to the report on Bakugou's desk. "I'm just glad she hasn't killed anybody, yet. With a quirk like hers, she could do a lot more damage than she has so far."

"Tck." Bakugou scoffed, but he silently agreed with Deku. Uravity was a powerful villain and could be a very dangerous foe if she wanted to be. Fortunately, so far she had only used her telekinesis to float bank trucks and cargo trains in order to steal them, as opposed to dropping a building full of people on a city.

Bakugou suppressed a shudder at the thought and kept working. Thankfully, Deku took the hint and fell silent.

Hours later, when the sun had set and almost everyone had gone home save for the night patrol, Bakugou set aside his paperwork. After checking to make sure that no one was watching, he opened one of his desk drawers and pulled out a small radio.

"This plan had better work." Bakugou grumbled to himself.

He stuffed the radio into his pants pocket and left the office, heading towards the men's changing rooms. Once he had slipped into his civilian attire—a pair of jeans and a t-shirt—he hurried down to the first floor where the Agency's armory was. It held all of the various assist equipment that all of the sidekicks used when they were out in the field.

Bakugou's gaze swept over the shelves and tables as he stepped into the room, searching. It didn't take him long to find what he was looking for— a packet of smoke bombs, that when combined with his quirk, would a powerful explosion.