Has To Be A Date

We pulled in to Devou Park, and I was visibly shaking with excitement

"You alright?" He asked with a chuckle as he turned off his engine.

"Yeah, I just can't wait to show this to you." I told him, and quickly got out of the car.

I met him at the front of the vehicle, and we walked side by side into the park.

I showed him around, pointing out all the different sight seeing spots I've been to.

At one point I looked over at him to see if he could see what I was pointing at, but I caught him just staring at me with a look of adoration on his face.

*Andrei POV*

"What?" She asked me, cheeks turning red as she took in the expression on my face.

I think I'm falling in love with you was the first thing that came to my mind. It's way too early for that Andrei I told myself. Don't say that.

I could listen to her talk all day and never get tired of the sound of her voice. I loved the way her eyes lit up when she talked about the things she likes, and the slightest dimples that form when she smiles. As she's talking about all of these spots she's been to over the years, it's like she still gets excited like it's the first time she's ever been here.

I could tell that she was a very passionate person, and I really liked that about her.

"Nothing." I told her.

I really wanted to raise my hand up and place it on her cheek, sure that it would only inflame them further.

"Then why are you looking at me like that?" She tried again shyly.

"Because you're beautiful." I said softly.

She accused me of being confident around her now, but she seemed to be having the opposite problem with the way she turned slightly away from me to try to hide her smile.

"Why is that you seemed so confident around me when we met, but now you seem so nervous?" I asked her.

She half turned to face me long enough to say "because you're dangerous."

"How?" I questioned, nothing but genuine confusion.

"I've never... I don't..." she tried but trailed off. She sucked in a deep breath as she tried to clear her thoughts. "I've never really opened myself up to the idea of a serious relationship, but... God I'm gonna sound crazy." She said before letting out a hesitant laugh.

"But what?" I pushed, curiosity eating at me to know what she was going to say.

She turned her body to where she could look me in the eyes, the wind whipping her hair over her shoulders. "But just a week of knowing you has me wanting to open myself up to that possibility."

God I wanna kiss her, right now.

I wasn't gonna do that though. I told myself I had a game plan for tonight, and I had to stick to it.

I didn't know what to say in response to her statement. As we walked along the path, I tried to think through a rational reply.

"Why haven't you opened yourself up to it?" I finally asked her.

She sighed before speaking. "The last time I did, it almost cost me everything." She said solemnly as she looked down at the ground.

"What happened?"

"Well, I did everything my parents taught me not to do. They always preached the importance of knowing my self worth, and not needing to depend on anyone. But I, as a young, dumb fifteen year old teenager, thought I was in love with this guy who was about five years older than me. I let myself be blinded by who he convinced me that he was. Long story short, one night he picked me up and as soon as I got in the car I could tell he'd been drinking. I knew that was wrong, but I let him drive anyway. He crashed, and I got pinned inside the vehicle."