New World. New War.

After using AO3 for over six months, I'm sure you can imagine my utter confusion remembering how to write on Wattpad. That's not even counting the flashbang I get opening the site on my pc, a testament to how I need third party apps to force dark mode.

Uhh, here's the rewrite I promised almost two months ago. It was halfway done and I forgot about it, kinda just rotting in the corner of my mind. Short, yes, but... Uh, I don't know.

- AvalMerlin / Reshh

Day 1

Vestal would say she was a level headed person. She needed to be as it would do her no good as Azur Lane's only reliable repair shipgirl to lose her temper and get angry at everyone that entered through her doors. But the last twelve minutes were enough to crack that ever so slowly with a figure looming over her.

"The name is USS Kitty Hawk. Now who the fuck are you?" He asked. It was a man.

Now she would blame herself for being too dependent on luck helping her out and not getting her into really bad situations. Climbing aboard an unknown carrier without calling for a small task force to help her is all her fault. Stating the giant, mysterious, gray carrier beared the flag of the Eagle Union wouldn't cut as an excuse.

"Who are you?" Vestal asked. She silently prayed he wasn't angry at the accidental annoyance in her voice. "I have never seen a shipboy!"

"What in hell is a shipboy?" He asked, right index finger scratching his stubble. "Is that what I am now? Are you fucking with me?"

"No! Why on earth would I make a joke in this situation?" Vestal huffed and pushed him away with surprising ease. "I'll need to document this because there has never been a shipboy."

"Explain what the hell a shipboy is, you..." He trailed off and eyed her nun attire. "Sex symbol from the forties."

"Sex symbol!?" Vestal felt her body heat up, scratching the itch on her neck. "I'm merely dressed as a nun by choice!"

"Whatever. I'll ask again, who are you?" Hawk asked.

"USS Vestal... Why are you wearing a Sakuran kimono?" Vestal pointed at his all black attire: a haori, nagagi, and a hakama. "That's... Unusual, you know?"

Hawk crossed his arms. How did the conversation become so casual? "My time spent there. That's it."

"And that?" She pointed to the blade-up sword on the left side of his waist, held up by the white oda belt.

"From Sakura as well. Chisa katana," Hawk explained, tapping the side of his katana's saya. "I won't draw it out. No worries."

Somehow the smile he gave Vestal seemed more creepy than friendly.

Afternoon

"You still haven't told me what a shipboy is," Hawk pointed out. Squatting at the edge of his ship's straight deck to watch the repair ship's futile attempt to tow his ship. It was admirable but he outweighed hers by 70,000 plus tons. "Let me move on my own, I know that much about all this, uh, transformation rigging and commanding the ship by myself and whatnot."

"As a repair -"

"Oh christ," Hawk groaned and slumped his head. She obviously seemed like the type to not be deterred once their mind is set on something. Annoying, yes, but decided to amuse her by jumping down onto her ship's deck and watching the girl stare ahead with strained eyes. "Maybe you're just weak?"