50

Fatima had been up for majority of the night not being able to sleep, this was a weekly occurrence for her. At least three days out of the week she would be lost in her thoughts not even sure how it got to that point.

Zac slept peacefully with both his arms wrapped underneath her belly and his head lodged in her side. Fatima hated it but according to Zac 'I can't sleep too far away from my daughter- she senses me' which drove her crazy, they didn't even know the gender yet. She was praying for a girl only because she knew if this was a boy, Zac would keep trying until he got his girl, and she was not ready to be pregnant back to back.

She softly tried to unwrap his arms from around her but that only made him tighten them around her. "Zac." She softly whispered nudging him to wake up.

"Hmm?" He groaned shifting a bit in his sleep. "I need to use the bathroom, you gotta get up honey." She stated crossing her legs together tightly.

"Just pee yourself." He shrugged nonchalantly, he was comfortable and didn't wanna move. So if it meant pissing the bed, he was all for it. She smacked her lips before just getting up and if he fell off the bed with her then so be it.

After using the bathroom and washing her hands she made her way back into the bedroom, startled as her eyes met Zac who was wide awake sitting up on the bed waiting for her return. "You scared the shit outta me." Fatima removed her hand from her chest walking over to the bed.

"My fault." He barely whispered, still tired. "How long you been up for?" He asked moving out of her spot so she could get in and he could be underneath.

She shrugged not really knowing the exact time, "A few hours... a lot on my mind." She rubbed some lotion on her hands, adjusting the AC to 64, and then crawling into the bed. Although she prefers 68, she needs it colder with Zac now radiating his body heat on top of hers.

"It's your mom again?" He asked throwing the covers over both of them while she turned her body sideways trying to get comfortable. "Yeah."

"Want my opinion babe?" He asked going back to his original position with his head back lodged in her side and his arms wrapped around her. "Of course I do." She chuckled aloud.

"I think it's time you stopping running from reality and face whatever it is you are running from." He voiced, stopping for a few seconds. "If you are having doubts about the legitimacy of the death certificate and tombstone, why not ask your father? I'm sure he knows about it since it was taped to his storage locker."

She thought it over not even realizing that was a good idea and she should've done that to begin with. "I guess I can do that." She rested her hand on top of his durag rubbing it with the grain of his waves.

"It's probably why you got my daughter up all early and what not." He uttered with his eyes closed making Fatima roll hers. "And you better not be stressing her out either, I'm not playing."

"And what are you gonna do about it?" She taunted him. "Anyways." He ignored her sexual commentary feeling guilty about somethings he has been doing the past few months. "You have more access to certain databases with you being a DA now, an entire federal database at that. I am sure she is somewhere in there if she was in the CIA. Maybe this is her coming from beyond the grave wanting your help to find out what happened. Or maybe I sound stupid and just want you to get some rest. Who knows." He yawned a few times feelings his eyelids get heavy.

"Go to sleep handsome. I love you." She leaned down kissing him. "I'm not playing about my daughter either Fatima, stop stressing her out and go to sleep. Before she come out cock-eyed from being up all night." He joked back to her.

She giggled at how being up all night leads to being cock-eyed but she wasn't even gonna worry about it at 3 AM. She moved around for a few seconds trying to find a comfortable sleeping position before she dozed off.