Chapter 4- New Student, Oh Beomseok

"Be nice to Beomseok everyone."

The teacher introduced the new student, Oh Beomseok. The class erupted into an applause, before everyone dispersed into their friend groups.

"I'm Yeon Jiwoo, the class President. If you need help with anything you can ask me. I can show you around later If you want to."

"Thanks. Nice meeting you."

Jiwoo smiled at Beomseok, before walking back to her seat. Chaeyoung was already waiting for Jiwoo, munching on some pocky sticks.

"Want one?"

"Yea. Thanks."

The two diverted into their conversation, and Jiwoo noticed Chaeyoung zoning out a few times. However, a other person caught Jiwoo's attention.

Because, for no apparent reason, Yeongbin got up from his seat to introduce himself to Beomseok. Curiously, Jiwoo looked on. There was no way that Yeongbin was being friendly, because he was trying to persuade Beomseok to go outside to "talk."

"Move. That's my seat."

Sieun had walked in, and Beomseoks seat was coincidentally behind Sieun's, so Yeongbin was sitting on his desk.

"I don't want to."

The same tension that was in the room a few days ago returned, as the pair held eye contact, Sieun picking up and clicking his pen in the mean time.

"Why are you guys so chatty these days? Can't you see someone's trying to sleep?"

Jiwoo looked behind her to see Suho had woken up, scolding the two boys who looked like they were ready to kill earlier.

"Be careful."

Yeongbin said, before walking away, and Sieun sat in his seat.

"Is it a twin thing? You both keep staring at me whenever I say anything."

This time both Chaeyoung and Jiwoo looked behind at Suho, who just ignored them and went back to sleep.

"What's his problem?"

Chaeyoung questioned, looking dumbfounded.

"No clue. Let's go."

🎀💗🎀💗🎀💗🎀💗🎀💗🎀💗🎀💗

Sieun and Jiwoo were walking home home after the school day. The streelit road extended ahead, and the twins followed it's oath that would take them back to the comfort of their house. However, on their way, a group of suspicious looking men were hanging around. Once they were noticed, one of them rather stealthily made their way to the duo, before uttering

"We usually just drop if off. This is our last time delivering it to you."

Both Sieun and Jiwoo looked at eachother than the man with a co fused stare.

"You jerk, I said it's a lone woman."

"But that is a woman!"

"Yea and is she alone?"

The guy now awkwardly stared at the two. Sieun finally broke the silence.

"Move."

"Wow I don't like that tone."

The guy now started edging closer to Sieun. Sieun got his pen out, and similarly like with Yeongbin, he clicked it open. Jiwoo, on the other hand, stood behind Sieun with her phone, ready to call the police if the situation esvualtes any further.

"Just let the kids go."

"Fine."

Jiwoo sighed in relief as her and Sieun made their way past the group, and back to their home.

"Fucking junkies."

Jiwoo mutered under her breath as she unlocked the door, letting herself and Sieun in to the early silent house.

"Do you want teokbeokki? I'm making some."

"No."

"I'm making you some. You need to eat Sieun."

"Alright."

Jiwoo got to the kitchen and began boiling the rice cakes whilst getting the sauce ready.

"I need to revise my history dates and maths. Maths test is tomorrow morning, history on Wednesday."

She muttered to herself as she set up the teokbeokki.

"Sieun, I'm gonna go to my tutoring now. Your foods on the table, I'll call you when I get there. Should be back in an hour. byeee!"

"Stay safe."

The tutoring was taking place near Sieun's study academy, so it was roughly 10 to 15 minutes away from home. She got their pretty quick, and was welcomed by a music teacher from her school that she didn't met yet.

"Hello Jiwoo. I'm miss Park, deputy head of the choir. I also studied opera in Italy for awhile, and I heard your Really talented. Should we start?"

"Yes miss. Nice meeting you."

Time skip- Jiwoo is finished with her lesson and has made her way back home.

"Sieun, I'm back!"

Jiwoo headed over to find the boy studdying as usual. Gosh, he was extremely determined. But then again, he isn't top of class, and the whole school, for nothing.

Yeongbin was extremely pissed at that, he was always third compared to the twins, and Jiwoo found his annoyance amusing. He really was pissed off with Sieun simply being better than him academically.

"Sieun, I'm going to sleep. Don't stay up too late. Good night!"

"Goodnight Jiwoo."

A/N:

Is the opera part giving anyone else penthiuse and Bae Rona vibes? 🤭