Author's Note

The Open Novella Contest (ONC) is a prestigious literary competition that presents a unique opportunity for writers to showcase their creative abilities and storytelling flair. The contest focuses on the production of novellas, a literary form that sits between the realm of short stories and full-length novels. This format allows participants to create compelling, intricate narratives while staying within the word count range of 20,000 to 40,000.

The goal of the Open Novella Contest is to challenge participants to write a whole novella between 20,000 and 40,000 words in twelve (12) weeks.

The contest consists of three rounds, and participants will be challenged to reach a specific word count milestone for each round:

Round 1 - 2,000-words milestone  (February 29, 2024: Round One Cut!)
Round 2 - 8,000-words milestone  (March 31, 2024 : Round Two Cut!)
Round 3 - 20,000-words milestone (April 30, 2024 : Round Three Ends!)

The writing period will last a total of twelve (12) weeks, from February 1st to April 30th.

Title of Entry
Welcome to Broodhaven: Strange Memories

Blurb
On a dark and stormy night, Mia is running along the road, unable to handle what has just occurred, which shouldn't have been logically or scientifically possible. As the storm intensifies, a strange lightning bolt strikes her. She miraculously survives the strike but is split into two people unknowingly. Unaware of each other, one continues forward and the other turns back.

#All places and people are fictional.

#An 'Open Novella Contest 2024' entry.

#Prompt 23: It's a dark and stormy night and you're running along the road, unable to handle what has just occurred. Then a strange lightning bolt strikes you, which causes you to split into two people. Unaware of each other, one continues forward and the other turns back.