𝒙𝒗. Gold statues and dead moms, what a weird mix?

ILLICT AFFAIRS / Angel Flesh
©️TIGER3YES, 2024... oc x l. valdez
( death is not a lover. ) ( oh yes she is. )
THE LOST HERO ˏˋ°•*BOOK ONE A
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 )THE LOST HERO ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ BOOK ONE A▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝒙𝒗. Gold statues and dead moms, what a weird mix?
[ michelle ]

MICHELLE, BEING THE GIRL THAT she is, probably would already be dead if it weren't for Leo

MICHELLE, BEING THE GIRL THAT she is, probably would already be dead if it weren't for Leo. First it was the motion-activated trapdoor on sidewalk, then the lasers on the steps which would've sliced her to bits, then the nerve gas dispenser on the porch railing, the pressure-sensitive poison spikes in the welcome mat, and of course, they had to have a exploding doorbell.

Leo deactivated all of them, like he could sense them with a sixth sense or something. Somehow, he knew exactly what it was and grabbed the right tool for it. "You're amazing, man," Jason said, and Michelle nodded. Leo scowled as he examined the front door lock. "Yeah, amazing," he said. "Can't fix a dragon right, but I'm amazing."

"Hey, that wasn't your-" "Front doors already unlocked." Leo announced, and Michelle's smile faltered. Piper stared at the door in disbelief. "It is? All those traps, and the door's unlocked?" And with that, Leo turned the knob. The door swung open easily. He stepped inside without hesitation. "Wait up!" Michelle muttered, running after him.

She stopped abruptly, as the whole room was pitch black. " 'Eo, you okay?" She asked, before stumbling into the dark room. "Yeah, perfectly fine. My dragons destroyed because I can't fix anything at this point, but that's water under the bridge." He muttered, and the girl frowned. "Stop it, that wasn't your fault." Michelle said, her tone stern. "Okay, sure." He muttered, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

And somehow, Michelle hadn't even realized the room they were in. It was definitely dark, and telling from the echos of her footsteps, this place was massive, even bigger than back in Quebec with the creepy ice kids; but the only illumination came from the yard lights outside. A faint glow peeked through the breaks in the thick velvet curtains. The windows rose about ten feet tall. Spaces between them along the walls were life-size metal statues. As Michelle's eyes adjusted, she saw pretty comfortable looking sofas in a U in the middle of the room, with a massive chandelier glinted overhead. Along the back wall stood a row of closed doors.