01, Welkom In Europa

Silvester Belt plopped his baggage on the bed of his hotel room. After a long sigh, the Lithuanian man unzipped his suitcase to unpack. He looked in the mirror. His curly Strawberry-blond hair was standing all over the place. Silvester laughed as he grabbed a comb from his bag and brushed his hair out to look presentable. He figured he'd just spend tonight to relax before rehearsals. The day was The Eurovision Song Contest 2024 was set to happen in under three weeks. Silvester  was the Lithuanian representative for Eurovision 2024, which is why he was here in Malmö.

After Silvester finished unpacking. He plopped down on the hotel bed. He pulled out his phone to check for messages. He had a few from family and friends wishing him a safe flight to Malmö. He smiled at the warm-hearted messages from fans as well.

That's when Silvester decided to get something to eat. After all, he's been practically starving since he got off the plane. Silvester  slowly stood up and walked out of his hotel room to find the dining room. On his way down, he noticed Artūrs Šingirejs, or more commonly known as Dons. Dons was Latvia's representative for Eurovision 2024. He was leaving his hotel room as well.

"Heyyyyy Silvester!" Dons cheered.

"Oh, hi!" Silvester laughed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Are you going to come to the party tonight? It's down in the dining room of the hotel!" Dons spoke with a smile.

Silvester made a face. There was a party tonight? He just wanted to relax for his first night in Malmö. Especially after what happened the previous two years.

"Sorry. I don't think I'll make it tonight. I kinda wanna relax tonight. Besides, aren't you aware of what happened last year and the year before?" Silvester replied.

"You really think something like that will happen again? It's very unlikely! Please come!" Dons begged. Silvester rolled his eyes.

"Dons, I'm sorry. I don't want to go." Silvester sighed. "I'll catch up with you all tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay then. It's your choice, I guess." Dons sighed. "Get some rest. You seem to need it."

"Thanks for understanding, man." Silvester smiled. "Good night."

"See you later then." Dons smiled. Silvester closed the door. Dons looked down at the floor. He was a little disappointed that Silvester  didn't want to go to the party with him. He decided to shrug it off and go to the party anyway.

Silvester looked out the window in his hotel room. He felt bad. He felt like he had been a bit harsh towards Dons, but he also knew about the incidents last year and the year before. He knew about Mahmood getting arrested for a crime he didn't commit in 2022, and he knew about Darius Raja, who tried to kill off many of the Eurovision 2023 participants. It was Theodor Andrei who had saved them all.

Silvester shuddered at the thought of something bad happening again this year. He didn't want anyone to get hurt. He just wanted a normal Eurovision year.

Suddenly, Silvester's phone started vibrating. Silvester  raised an eyebrow. He typically has his phone on silent because of all the countless tagging his fans and other news channels do. He picked up his phone. He was getting a call from a number with a Swiss area code. Shocked, and a bit nervous, Silvester answered the phone. When he heard who was on the other end of the phone, his worries vanished.

"What did your parents tell you about answering the phone to strangers?" Nemo, Switzerland’s contestant for Eurovision 2024, spoke through the phone.

Silvester laughed. Nemo and Silvester have been very close since Nemo was announced to be representing Switzerland with their song “The Code”.

"What did your parents tell you about calling random numbers?" Silvester joked.