Chapter 2

Bryan's Pov:
I walked into school without Sam or Colby by my side and everyone was looking. I went to my locker and put stuff up and then went to my class. I walked in and saw Sam and Colby both in their seats already. I had music blasting in my ears. I sat down in my seat between the both of them. I got my phone out and saw several messages with my group of old friends.

Text Messages between the group "Big Dumbass":
Jerad: You alive Bryan?
Samantha: I believe so
Westin: Bro??
Missed a facetime call
Bryan: Yes. I'm alive you dumbass'
Samantha: Good. WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!
Bryan: Oh idk. Saving the world maybe...
Jerad: Has anyone else found out about your secret?
Bryan: Yes. An accident happened and I didn't have much of a choice. Stupid hero instincts.
Westin: Felt that.
Bryan: Westin. You don't have any powers. wtf are you smoking? If so I need some. I gotta go. Class is fixing to start.

I quickly turned my phone off and put my headphones away. Then Mr. Smith came in. "Morning Kids. Today class is cancelled. Go home. The rest of the week the school will be closed due to the weather we are getting." Mr. Smith said and we all got up and walked out. Before I made it to the door Mr. Smith yelled for me.

"What did you need?" I asked him. "What's going on with you? Lately you've been like out of it." Mr. Smith told me while I then walked over and sat on his desk. "Could be where I'm juggling my life with my professional life already." As I said that I walked out the door.

I went to my locker and put everything in it. Then started walking out the doors and was met with the group. "Bryan. Can we please talk?" Katrina asked me while the others stood there. "We have nothing to talk about. You all haven't spoken to me in weeks since the incident. So you all don't need to talk to me." I replied back to her question and started walking to my car. Then I felt a hand grab my wrist. I turned around and saw Colby holding me. "Bryan. Please. We're sorry. We needed time to process everything. Also thank you for saving my life." Colby pleaded. "Come over to my place at 6 pm." I stated and was fixing to get in my car then I rushed and pulled them into a hug.

I got home around 4:30 p.m. and quickly took a shower. I went downstairs and sat on the couch and decided to take a nap. I would hear them due to my super hearing once they arrived. I feel asleep and had a strange dream.

Bryan's Dream:

"Come on out Bryan. I just wanna talk to you... Maybe you'd come out to protect the ones you care about." Some mysterious woman's voice sounded through an empty hall. "I know you can hear everything I'm saying. Isn't that right you pathetic, coward, worthless Kryptonian." She spoke very evilly into a void.

I woke up and accidentally shot my lasers at the wall. Nothing else happened, thankfully. I looked at the time and it's 5:55 p.m. then I heard a car pull up. I went to the door and saw Sam, Colby, Katrina, and Stas all get out. I unlocked the door and stepped onto the porch. "Hey guys." I say and they all replied back. We walked inside the house. Then a warning popped up on my TV. "Stay where you are. The storm is expected to hit in a couple minutes. Remember the storm is set to go from a major thunderstorm and into a wintery mix." The News Anchor said and I looked at the group and asked if their parents knew where they were and they all said yes.

We all sat down on the couch and we started chatting about everything. "So do you have to help people out during the storm?" Sam asked me and which I honestly didn't know. "I assume so. I'll get an alert on my watch if I do." I replied back to his question. Then out of nowhere my TV said "Take care." Then my electricity went out. "Isn't that just great." I heard Colby say. I got up and started using my X-Ray vision and went to the backup generator and turned it on. Then used my super speed and went back into the living room.

I carefully sat down on the couch without trying to let them notice. The generator should kick on in about a minute or so I thought. Then the electricity kicked back on. I stood up and walked to my back door and saw it was pouring down rain. "How long is the storm supposed to last?" Katrina asked the group. "I think they said it was going to be awhile." Colby stated while getting up. "Do you have extra beds Bryan?" Sam asked me while my back was still facing towards them. "Yea. I have plenty of rooms." I told them and walked towards them and they followed me. "Here you all go. Pick any of these. Just don't walk into the one on the very end. That's my room. Speaking of which. House lock my room." I told them and locked my door.

Couple hours later I was sitting under my balcony outside. Just listening to everything around me. Carefully thinking of this storm that's on our way. We aren't allowed to go outside for anything. I looked up at the sky and then heard the door open. "Mind if me and Colby join you?" I heard Sam ask quietly. "Sure join." I answered his question and both of them stepped outside. "We were thinking. We are sorry for how we acted once we found out the truth. Bryan we never meant to hurt you in anyway shape or form." Colby started the conversation. I knew this was going to be brought up some point tonight. "I know you didn't. It just wasn't the reaction I was preparing for I guess." I replied back.

   We sat outside for hours just having small talk. Then the wind picked up and everything slowly started taking a dark turn for the night. We all got inside and went to bed.

A/N: Sorry for not updating as quick as I could.