0.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the characters from Twinkling Watermelon and their portrayers (actors/actresses), the music that will be mentioned, the series, etc. The only thing I own is the plot of the story as I won't be following the original plot or flow of the episodes, the original female character (Sol Jang-Mi).

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ⚜ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

"I would like mint choco, please."

Frowning at the chosen flavor of ice cream, Ha Yi-Chan stare at his best friend as if she had suddenly grew two more heads on her shoulder, while the girl just sweetly flutter her eyes at him and bashfully tucking a strand of hair in her ear which earn a gagging noise from the man in the counter.

Jang-Mi's lips twitch at how her best friend was acting in front of her, watching as he lazily went in front of the mint chocolate chip flavor of ice cream and glares at it, looking up at her as if asking is she was sure with her choice before begrudgingly dive his hand with the ice cream scoop and scoop her with two ice cream on top of her cone.

"Here's your ice cream, that will be two dollars." Patting down the two thousand won bill on the counter and grab the cone in Yi-Chan's hand, Jang-Mi happily took a lick of her ice cream and she can see how the boy was cringing as her tongue collided with the cold delicacy. "Ya! Mint Choco's the best." Sticking out her tongue and rolling her eyes at him, the boy just gag and shoo her away as the bell of the ice cream shop rang, indicating new customers.

"Chocolate and mint doesn't go well together."

As Jang-Mi continued with her ice cream, she flip her hair and walk off, not minding at how Yi-Chan was clearly against her taste in ice cream. If only he took a sweet lick of it, his mind would change. It was disappointing.

Sol Jang-Mi could hear two girls snickering in the counter and her head snap towards them, her eyes widening before she covers her mouth and laugh quiety. In the opposite side of the counter was Ha Yi-Chan all dress in his school uniform instead of the clothes he wear while he is working, and her gaze then landed to the 'angel' that caught the attention of the boy, she was quiet while the two girls made comments about her friend who follows the girl as she picks her ice cream flavor.

Shaking her head at her friend's sudden puppy behaviour, Jang-Mi took her leave and didn't bother to say goodbye to her lovesick friend, he was too busy having his eyes on Choi Se-Kyung.

. . .

"You're eating another mint chocolate ice cream?" Jang-Mi look up at her friend as she stick her hands inside the vending machine to get her ice cream. Kim Hanbyeol stare astonishingly at her friend who nodded and quietly rip the plastic and immediately sticking the ice cream in her mouth, she cringes when the girl suddenly bites it.

"Yah, are you a psychopath? Who bites their ice cream?" Hanbyeol just watch as Jang-Mi enjoys her ice cream, if she remembers it correctly, this must be the girl's tenth ice cream within the week and it's only Tuesday. "And who likes mint chocolate?" She receives a slap on her arms, Hanbyeol was surprised at the sudden physical abuse she receives from commenting.

"I like it. Hot people likes mint choco." Jang-Mi defended, biting her ice cream once more and she smiles happily at it before her eyes landed on Hanbyeol who was looking at her offended. "What?" Raising her eye brows at the girl.

"You're eating chocolate and mint.. it feels like brushing your teeth while you eat chocolate." Hanbyeol cringes at her own words, she can feel the taste of it she said those. Jang-Mi roll her eyes at how dramatic her friend is before linking her arms with her and continue their stroll.

They were quiet as they eye the people on the street, there were vendors who sell various of things. Jang-Mi continue to eat her ice cream until it was finally gone and she licks up the excess on the stick before throwing it away in a bin. She just couldn't understand why people don't like the flavor, they were the same when she said she likes kombucha, they immediately started at argument about it. But some agrees with her.

Jang-Mi took a halt when Hanbyeol suddenly stop in her tracks, the girl almost tripping on her own feet as she was surprised that Hanbyeol took a quick halt. "What? Why?" Jang-Mi ask but Hanbyeol only pointed to the store in front of them, her brows furrowed at the action and she finally gets it.

"The second hand book shop?"

To what Jang-Mi remembered, Hanbyeol likes reading books, be it Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Fiction or any genre that the girl finds interesting and worth taking a read on. She just watch as Hanbyeok practically begged her to come inside the store but Jang-Mi just pushes her to go alone as she had other plans. A laugh escape her pinkish lips at how jolly Hanbyeol look as she skips her way inside.

And at the same time, a boy maybe older than her suddenly emerges out of the shop, there was confusion in his eyes as he look around him. It was visible that he was lost of what's happening and what's going on at the moment as he acts in a way that confuses our main protagonist.

Jang-Mi didn't even know why did the boy suddenly look at her and approach her slowly, he was tilting his head as if trying to know who she was and she can see that familiarity flashes in his eyes as he continue to survey her appearance.

"Excuse me, but can I ask you a question?" The way his voice sounded, it feels like he is talking to someone way older than him. Jang-Mi only nodded her head and observe the behaviour of the stranger in front of her, his eyes still wanders around and looks like he is unfamiliar with the place. "What year are we in?"

It was confusing for her, why would anyone wants to ask what year is right now or they're in. Jang-Mi doesn't know if the boy is playing tricks on her or what, but he seems to be visibly confuse and Jang-Mi believe that he isn't likely to pull some sort of prank to her.

"Well, it's the year 1995."

˗ˏˋ ꒰ 🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

♡︎༄,'; ALSEPHINA'S NOTE:

MINT CHOCO! hello everyone, welcome to a new story hehe (i still have a lot of unfinished story but look). how'd you like the first chapter?

vote and don't be a silent reader and comment your thoughts!