05' [maybe if]

𓇢𓆸

"What is this?"

His breath catches as he scans the screen, his eyes locking onto a particular trend that sends a jolt of mixed emotions coursing through him.

The demand for a duet between him and Taeyeon, dominates the chatter.

For a moment, time seems to stand still as Baekhyun processes the unexpected revelation. Memories and emotions collide, threatening to overwhelm him.

Yet, amidst the turmoil, he maintains his composure, a testament to his professionalism and resilience.

Turning to his team, Baekhyun seeks their answer, his voice steady despite the turmoil roiling within him.

"It's a poll voted by patients diagnosed with depression. It's a collaboration they wanted to see at least once in their life."

"And with that," So-Yeon suddenly interrupts, "There's an offer for this collaboration, under Never Alone campaign."

As he gazes back at the screen, a wave of skepticism washes over him. Could it be true? Did the public truly vote for this collaboration, or was it merely a fleeting trend driven by curiosity and nostalgia?

The thought lingers in his mind, casting a shadow of doubt over the authenticity of the demand.

"What do you all think?"

The room falls into a thoughtful silence as each team member weighs in, offering insights, concerns, and suggestions.

"I think it's important to gauge the sentiment of our fans," one team member suggests, their voice thoughtful.

"But we also need to consider the potential impact on your personal life and emotions."

𓇢𓆸

Baekhyun sits by the balcony of his new house in Hannam-dong, the city lights twinkling in the distance, as he mulls over the events of last night.

The meeting with his team had been intense, discussing the potential collaboration with Taeyeon. Deep in his heart, he knows he wants to do it, but doubts creep in as he considers Taeyeon's possible feelings.

"Should I call her?" Baekhyun thinks, his fingers hesitating over his phone.

After a moment of internal debate, he decides to take the leap, unsure if Taeyeon still uses the same number after all these years.

As the phone rings, Baekhyun's heart races. When Taeyeon picks up, he clears his throat awkwardly, trying to sound composed despite the jumble of emotions inside him.

Taeyeon's surprised voice on the other end reflects the unexpectedness of his call.

"Hello?" Her tone is cautious, guarded, a stark reminder of the distance between them.

"Hi, Taeyeon. It's Baekhyun," he says, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

There's a pause, a pregnant moment of silence before Taeyeon responds, her voice a mixture of surprise and reservation. "Ah y-yes, of course."

Baekhyun takes a deep breath, gathering his thoughts before plunging into the reason for his call.

"I wanted to talk to you about the collaboration proposal. How do you feel about it?"

Taeyeon's response is measured, her words carefully chosen as if navigating a minefield of emotions. "I... I'm not sure, Baekhyun. It's complicated."

Baekhyun can hear the uncertainty in her voice, the underlying layers of hesitation and apprehension.

He understands her reluctance, the history between them casting a long shadow over any potential collaboration.

"I understand," Baekhyun says, his voice gentle yet firm. "I wouldn't go through with it if it makes you uncomfortable."

There's a brief pause, the air heavy with unspoken words, before Taeyeon speaks again, her voice softer this time, tinged with vulnerability.

"I... I'd be willing to consider it. For the patients. But I'm worried about the backlash."

Baekhyun nods, even though she can't see him. "I thought about it too. But if we do this, it'll be for a good cause."

"Yeah, I know.."

Taeyeon finds herself entangled in a tumultuous battle within her own heart, grappling with conflicting emotions as she considers whether to accept or reject the proposal.

The mere mention of collaborating with Baekhyun sends waves of memories crashing over her, memories she has painstakingly tried to bury deep within the recesses of her mind.

As silence envelops the airwaves, Baekhyun feels the weight of uncertainty pressing down on him, the words of cancellation hovering on the tip of his tongue, ready to sever the fragile thread of possibility that hangs between them.

Yet, before he can utter a single syllable, Taeyeon's voice breaks through the silence like a beacon of light in the darkness, her hesitant yet resolute agreement echoing through the phone line.

"Okay, we can't possibly say no to those who are fighting for their lives, right?"

Baekhyun can't help but feel a surge of relief wash over him.

"Right."

𓇢𓆸

• to be continued. •