07' [home]

𓇢𓆸

3 days has drifted by since the pivotal meeting between Baekhyun and Taeyeon.

Despite the significance of their collaboration, neither of them has reached out to each other. The whirlwind of their schedules has kept them engulfed, rendering their connection dormant.

On a tranquil weekend night, Baekhyun breaks the silence. With the weight of unfinished business pressing on his mind, he drafts a message to Taeyeon, addressing the looming task of finalizing their song.

"Hey, it's been a while. How about we catch up and discuss the lyrics? Shall we meet at the nearest cafe of your house?"

Awaiting Taeyeon's response, Baekhyun anticipates a swift affirmation, eager to reignite their creative synergy.

However, the screen remains devoid of her reply for a few moments, as anticipation coils within him.

Ding!

Taeyeon's response illuminates the screen, injecting a dose of apprehension into the conversation. Her words unveil a layer of vulnerability, casting shadows on their plans.

"Hey, Baekhyun. Sure, it'd be nice if we could finish it as soon as possible. But I can't possibly leave Zero at home alone. Do you mind if we consider an alternative?"

Baekhyun's mind races, acknowledging Taeyeon's concerns at the mention of Zero.

After a moment of contemplation, he formulates a response.

"I understand. Then... shall I come to you?"

With bated breath, Baekhyun awaits Taeyeon's response, his heart echoing the rhythm of uncertainty.

Do I make her uncomfortable?
Why does it take so long for her to reply?
Should I pretend to have emergency and cancel tonight's meeting?

Ah fuck Baekhyun, why did you even say that.

As Baekhyun's proposal lingers, Taeyeon deliberates its implications.

The idea of inviting him into her home triggers conflicting emotions. Minutes stretch as she weighs the risk against the potential.

Eventually, she yields to the necessity of collaboration.

"Okay, Baekhyun. Let's meet at my place."

𓇢𓆸

As Baekhyun arrives at Taeyeon's doorstep, he carries a small array of snacks he grabbed on his way over. As Taeyeon swings the door open, their greetings hang in the air, tinged with the weight of unresolved emotions.

"Hey," Baekhyun greets, his voice slightly strained, betraying the undercurrent of tension.

Taeyeon's response is equally hesitant."Hey. Come on in."

As Baekhyun steps across the threshold, the familiarity of Taeyeon's home washes over him like a wave of nostalgia.

Despite the passage of five years, the house remains frozen in time, a shrine to their shared history.

The air is thick with unspoken words as they exchange awkward pleasantries, their voices echoing in the silence of the room.

"Have you had your dinner?" Baekhyun ventures, his words laden with a hint of concern.

Taeyeon's smile is bittersweet as she responds, "I did. You?"

"Same," Baekhyun murmurs, his gaze drifting to the familiar knick-knacks scattered around the room.

Suddenly, the tranquility is shattered by the sound of excited barking. Zero, Taeyeon's faithful companion, bounds into the room, his tail wagging furiously at the sight of Baekhyun.

"Well, someone's happy to see you," Taeyeon remarks, a soft chuckle escaping her lips.

Baekhyun can't help but smile as he crouches down to greet Zero, the tension of the moment momentarily forgotten in the warmth of the dog's affection.

"Hey there, Zero. Long time no see," Baekhyun says, his voice filled with genuine affection.

As Zero nuzzles against him, Baekhyun feels a flicker of longing stir within him.

Unknowingly, a wistful smile graces her lips, reminiscent of times long past. The warmth of nostalgia washes over her, enveloping her in a tender embrace as she recalls the simplicity of their shared moments.

"You and Zero seem to get along just fine," Taeyeon remarks, her voice tinged with fondness as she watches Baekhyun and the dog play.

Baekhyun's laughter fills the room, a melody of familiarity that tugs at Taeyeon's heartstrings.

Despite the years that have passed, the echoes of their companionship remain etched in the fabric of their shared memories.

With a gentle gesture, Taeyeon invites Baekhyun to settle at the dining table, offering to brew him a steaming cup of coffee. However, Baekhyun's preference for a cold beverage interrupts the moment.

"I'll have it cold, please," Baekhyun requests, his tone laced with anticipation.

Taeyeon shakes her head, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. "I'm afraid that's not a good idea, especially at this hour."

Her words carry a silent reminder of their past, of her unwavering care and concern for his well-being. Baekhyun can't help but smile at the familiar gesture, a testament to the depth of their connection.

Memories flood his mind as he reflects on Taeyeon's nurturing nature, her steadfast commitment to his health and happiness.

In that moment, amidst the quiet intimacy of the dining table, Baekhyun is reminded of the tender moments they once shared.

With a fond smile, he nods in agreement, surrendering to the warmth of Taeyeon's words.

𓇢𓆸

to be continued. •