09 - I Come Face To Face With Love

'What's a Pac-Man?'

Corey had changed her shirt after the truck started moving, it was dark blue like Percy's. She turned from the cage she was hiding behind, seeing the trio leaning against the container. "You three need sleep" Corey told them, placing the backpack by their feet. "Not tired" Annabeth told her, looking away as she yawned. Corey rolled her eyes.

"Hush now, my darlings, close your eyes and sleep" Corey began to sing softly, her voice a little raspy. Grover seemed to relax visibly, leaning against the container with his head. "Waltzing the waves, diving the deep" Corey walked over to them, sitting between Percy and Grover. "Siren song? Really" Annabeth yawned. Corey took her hand and helped her to lay down her head on her lap. "Stars are shining bright, the wind is on the rise" Corey continued as Percy's head fell on her shoulder. "Whispering words of long lost lullabies" Corey ruffled her hand Percy's curls.

"Don't stop" He muttered, his eyes shut as Grover's soft snores filled the silence. Corey smiled at him, kissing his curls softly, "Oh, won't you come with me? Where the moon is made of gold" Corey picked up, feeling Grover's horns tangle in her hair. "And in the morning sun, we'll be sailing" Annabeth's nose brushed on Corey's knees as her back faced the young woman. "Oh, won't you come with me? Where the ocean meets the sky. And as the clouds roll by we'll sing the song of the sea" Corey finished her song, feeling all three kids sleeping on her body.

Annabeth had curled up on her thighs, her hands resting on Corey's calves, Grover was leaning between Corey and the container wall. Percy had curled into her side, subconsciously hugging her torso. Corey yawned, a warmth spreading inside her as her eyes closed. "G'Night kids" She mumbled as sleep took over.

~Ψ~

Corey stood on the shore of Canoe Lake, she was wearing her usual camp attire and her hair was dark brown. She was swaying with the waves as the wind howled in her ears.

A shadow floated on the water, eyes staring at her. "Follow me" The voice was deep and scratchy. Corey tried to move forward but felt her body freeze, something pulling her back. "Don't" Another voice called out. This one was softer, it was like a wave of security washed over her. "Follow me young girl and find her...find your daughter" The deeper voice was more compelling, almost pulling her foot in front of her.

Corey didn't even realise she was knee deep in the water before a wave of water struck the shadow figure. "No...not yet" The warm voice spoke softly. Corey felt her body relax as she sunk down in the lake, her eyes heavy as the sky seemed to disappear. "Now you'll be safe...safe until it's time"

Corey woke up with a little jump, her body feeling more tired than usual. She took a breath before standing up and looking around. Grover was talking with the animals, listening to them intensively. "You're up" Annabeth smiled at Corey. "What time is it? Corey asked her, looking around for Percy. "Not too sure" Annabeth shrugged as she messed with some sort of crystal.

Percy was still sleeping next to Corey, his head now in her lap. Corey smiled softly as he drooled on her knees but she didn't care. "What are you trying to do?" Corey asked as her fingers combed through Percy's hair. It had been sometime since any of them showered, Corey was almost certain her hair was glued to her head as her fingers gently twisted the greasy blonde curls.

"After was Grover told us, I want to let Chiron know. There's just hardly any sun in this thing" Annabeth huffed. Corey looked around, seeing something in the ceiling. "Grover!" She called out to him, feeling Percy stir in his sleep as she did. "Sorry Sea Pup" She whispered softly.

Grover and Annabeth shared a look, "What?" Corey asked them. "Nothing...just" Grover tried to come up with a lie. "You really care about him...it's only been a few days" Annabeth spoke up, rolling her eyes at Grover. Corey smiled at her, "Do you know that wherever there is a flood the water always returns to the sea. It is my fathers will. The sea is an extension of who I am...of who Percy is. We are drawn to each other in a bond no one else could ever understand" Corey explained to them, her eyes trained on Percy as he flinched in his sleep.