10 - Another Note; Never Let Percy In The Driver's Seat

'My...father was a sailor, my mother said he died at sea'

Chiron used his hands as he pushed the wheelchair forward, the white bland walls boring his eyes. In all his years as a trainer of heroes, there was never a hero without tragedy. Screams were becoming audible as he neared the end of the hall.

"GET! OUT!"

The door opened as a young demigod walked out. She looked up at Chiron with sad eyes. "Min Jung, are you alright?" Chiron asked her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "No, she's getting worse Chiron...she won't hold her" Min Jung sighed, looking up at him. "Why don't you go home, I'll check on your cousin" He told her.

Chiron entered the white room. There was a window to his left where he could see a nurse placing a newborn in a cot, wrapped in a pastel pink blanket. Next to the window was a plain bed, a girl sitting on top with her knees to her chest. A dark chest of drawers was placed on the other side of the bed with a glass of water and a small ceramic of pills.

"Fuck off Min Jung" The girl wept, hiding her face behind long dark brown hair. She was in a pale blue nightgown with a thatch cardigan keeping her warm in the crisp March air. "Where are your manners young lady" Chiron spoke in a gentle tone. The girl looked up, her eyes red from crying. "Chiron" She mumbled, shocked that the centaur had come to visit her.

Chiron wheeled over to the window, watching the newborn sleep peacefully. "She is beautiful Cordelia" He commented with a melancholy smile. Corey hummed in response, not looking in his direction. Chiron sighed at Corey's stubbornness, "Cordelia, you know that the Gods have... unique way of setting out our fates. This little bundle of life is part of you, even if her creation is..."

" Wrong? " Corey spat, resting her knees on her. " Questionable " Chiron finished, wheeling up to the bed. "I know this must be hard to accept Cordelia but this is the path you must follow. Whatever you chose, just know I am here" Chiron pated the space next to Corey before wheeling out.

Corey only burst out in tears as Chiron closed the door. She gripped her nightgown as her newborn daughter began to cry as well. Corey didn't want to hate her daughter. This little human was a part of her but knowing why she came to be made Corey wish a monster would come and kill her.

She never asked for Thomas to 'fall in love' with her. She never thought that Sofia would encourage this. Corey was twelve . Thomas was sixteen . Corey hated herself more than she hated Aphrodite. Thomas had died after Corey realised she was with child, much to her relief. She knew it wasn't his fault. He never asked to be involved in Aphrodite's obsession with tragic love stories.

All of this was because of her intrusive feelings about Helena. Corey had almost drowned the Aphrodite camper who had used their charmspeak to find out who he had a crush on which led to her comparing Helena to their mother.

The baby kept crying, her wails make Corey sob harder with her whole body trembling. Rain began to pour against the windows as the baby's cries got louder. Corey curled up in the bed, facing away from the window and her daughter's little cubby hole.

"She seems to miss you" a soft warm voice spoke up. Corey didn't move, assuming it was a doctor. The silence was strange between Corey and the older man, for some reason Corey could smell a salty breeze. "Can I hold her?" The voice asked.

Now, if you were in the present day having a stranger ask to hold your newborn child would be the biggest red flag since Zeus decided to have demigod children. But in the 1930s, it wasn't as strange. Corey couldn't explain but her entire mood had changed when the man made his presence known.