51

| Next Morning, 730 AM |

Zac strolled into the house carrying a Mcdonald's bag along with a drink carrier, he winced at the loud sound of the door closing 'Front door closing.' He walked past the living room into the kitchen placing everything down and then emptying his pockets before going upstairs.

Once he walked through the bedroom door, he noticed the empty bed, figuring she was in the bathroom, he walked into the bathroom, only to find it lonely. He looked around confused on where she was before reaching into his pocket to call her. Feeling his pocket empty, he sighed walking back downstairs to the kitchen grabbing his phone.

Hearing her ringtone echo in the house, he walked into her office, shaking his head at the sight of her. She was slumped back in her office chair, feet kicked up on some boxes, one hand on her belly, and her mouth wide open.

"Babe." He softly whispered to her as he tapped her shoulder gently, not trying to scare her so bad her water break, if that was even possible.

"Hmm?" She asked opening her eyes seeing Zac staring at her weirdly. "Are you good? You slept in the office, I know your neck and back is gonna be crying later." He joked as she looked at him expressionless, taking in his outfit, she could tell he was just returning home.

"Where have you been? You just now getting in?" She asked skeptically as she rubbed her eye, feeling an eyelash in it or something. With her other eye open she took in his entire appearance, from the jacket he threw on last night to him still having those slides on as well.

He scratched his neck, "Yeah it's kind of a long story but we can talk about it over breakfast, figured my daughter would be hungry." He smiled putting his hand out for her to grab. Zac helped Fatima up and right on que, her lower back was definitely screaming out in pain from how she slept.

They both washed their hands, Zac pulled all the food out of the bag. He just got two steak bagels while he got her a bacon egg and cheese biscuit with a hash brown. They both let the silence fill them as they munched on their food, Zac's phone dinged with a notification from Hazel.

It read, "Thank you for last night, I really needed that❤️" 

Fatima read the messages out of the corner of her eye as the phone laid on the dinner table. She cleared her throat before proceeding to just ask him straight up. "What time did you get home?" She asked him, waiting for him to lie, she already had pulled the Ring app watching the motion detection of him arriving home no little than 20 mins ago.

He swallowed the contents in his mouth before looking at her, "Uhm...like 30 mins ago maybe, why?"

"And you think that is acceptable? Where were you at that has you strolling in that late?" She folded her arms leaning back in the chair. Zac smacked hi slips noticing exactly what this was about to be, "I stayed the night at Hazel's."

"For what?" 

"Junior wouldn't calm down and her way of soothing him making it worse, this was their first real night together in almost 4 months so I figured I would do my best since she also has a new born in the home." He informed her taking a bite of his sandwich.

"And you didn't think to communicate with me? You know how I feel about that, world is too damn dangerous for that."

He scrunched his face up, "I did call you, even left a voicemail."

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did." He replied back matching her energy, she went to her call log not seeing any missed calls from him. "Like I said Zac, you didn't." She turned her phone around showing him her call log. He wiped his hands with the napkin before grabbing her phone confused at what he was looking at, he knows for a fact he called her. "No reason to lie." She shook her head.