03. Second Chance At First Line

"Let's go! One-on-ones from up top. Jackson, you go and take a long stick today. Attaboy." Coach Finstock was shouting and Jackson was on the defensive as Kimber was the first one in line.

Kimber was racing directly at Jackson with the ball in her stick, before she waited until the absolute last second to spin around him and she charged at Danny in the goal.

Kimber fired the ball into their net's direction and Danny missed the catch and then, the goal went in.

"Hey, Hale!" She glanced over at Jackson in surprise as he was looking at her, before he nodded quickly at her. "Nice move." Jackson admitted and she returned the nod with no comment, not wanting to cause any embarrassment or rifts, between any members of the team and also, between their captain at the official starting practice of the whole season.

"That's how you do it, Jackson. That's how you do it!" Coach Finstock called out as he was grinning like a maniac on the field, while Jackson was swiftly taking down every player, one by one. "Greenberg, take a lap. Let's go." Coach said as then, he was blowing his whistle. "Faster, Greenberg!"

Kimber almost felt bad for Greenberg and he was forced to run around the field again and again, before she was suddenly aware of somebody else that she knew, watching them.

Derek and Jimmy, the two of them were both standing by the bleachers and she was turning to look at the ground. "What are you two doing here?" She murmured softly and she was watching the grass.

"We're keeping an eye on Scott. Are you absolutely sure, that you can handle him if he was, to shift on the field?" Jimmy asked after Derek had no doubt explained to him, what she had said.

"Derek, why don't you go and tell your little druid boy to butt out? I can handle this wolf myself, well, maybe as long as I'm not alone with him on a full moon." Kimber murmured back.

"All right, Kimber. We are staying for the rest of practice, but don't you dare let him shift." Derek muttered and then, Kimber was nodding slightly as she was looking up at the sight of it being Scott's turn to go.

"Let's go. McCall, what are you waiting for?" Coach asked as he was walking up to his normal starting spot. "Let's go." Coach said and he was gesturing towards the goal as Kimber narrowed her eyes, watching and she was groaning and Scott was quickly thrown back by Jackson, and everybody else around them from the team to the people on the bleachers, they all heard the hit.

"Ouch." Kimber murmured in sympathy.

"McCall." Coach was laughing rather humorlessly as he made his way over to the fallen lacrosse player. "Hey, McCall!" He said.

"Are you sure that you still want to be in the first line, McCall?" Jackson taunted and she was wincing, feeling the surge of anger and resentment from Scott, that was all going to be directed towards Jackson.

"My grandmother can move faster than that and she's dead! So do you think that you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?" Well that was not going to help at all, the way that Coach was egging Scott on.

"Yes, Coach." Scott said quietly.

"I can't hear you."

"Yes, Coach!" Scott snapped louder.

"Then do it again." Coach ordered and Scott was roughly pushing back into the front of the line and then, Kimber was swiftly shaking her head.