13. Heart Monitor

Kimber listened from the top floor of the parking garage, listening as Derek ran after Scott, fully in his werewolf changed form and growling loudly.

"I give him five minutes or less against Derek." Jimmy stated and Kimber laughed at the words, before she was shaking her head at the prediction.

"Nope. That is definitely being far too generous. I'd say twenty seconds." Kimber said and then she could hear the ringtone of the cell phone ringing, even amongst all of the car alarms that were going off.

"You're dead!" Derek declared.

"Derek caught him?" Jimmy asked as he judged by the look on her face and Kimber nodded quickly at the words, before they were waiting by the Camaro and by the car that Kimber and Scott were borrowing for the weekly grocery day, from Melissa.

"What the hell was that?!" Scott was demanding to know as he was walking with Derek, almost jogging to keep up with the older werewolf.

"I said I was going to teach you. I didn't say when." Derek replied simply, as Jimmy and Kimber were walking forward to join them both.

"You scared the crap out of me!" Scott shouted incredulously and Kimber stifled a laugh at the words.

"Not yet." Derek replied and at the words Jimmy choked on his water, sputtering it all over. Kimber hit him between the shoulder blades and Jimmy finally got it out of his system, the coughing and the laughter as he was shaking his head.

"O-okay, but I was fast right?" Scott seemed almost desperate for some kind of validation from the two Hales but Jimmy knew better, as he shook his head.

"Not fast enough." Derek stated and now it was all four of them walking together, back to the cars.

"But the car alarm thing, that was smarter, right?" Scott asked and Kimber rolled her eyes with a soft growl.

"Until your phone rang! Scott, I have told you before that you should keep it on silent unless you're expecting a call, dumbass." She said and Scott growled angrily at her. "What are you going to do? Attack me?" Kimber asked and Scott glared at her. "Born wolves are naturally faster than bitten werewolves, but we all had to learn control of our senses and more importantly, we all had to learn control of ourselves!" Kimber snapped.

"You are not helpful either!" Scott was shouting at her, almost screaming. "What is your reason for being here, huh? Or is it just because, you're afraid that your brother will leave you again?" At the words, all of them stopped.

Kimber was seething as she was turned away from him, her eyes glowing and Derek was looking at her. "Hey Kimber, take it easy." Derek said and Kimber was panting, her breaths coming out in billows of air and they could see it.

It wasn't cold at all and Jimmy was beginning to back away. "Jimmy, get out of here. Go!" Derek said and Jimmy took off, as he dove behind a car.

Kimber transformed and she roared at Scott, who was stumbling away as she was lunging for him.

Derek got in the middle after a few claw marks were slashed into Scott for saying something so stupid and then Kimber was backing away, her eyes locked on the blood that was on the tips of her claws. "Kimber? Are you okay?" Derek asked and she looked down at the floor, before the bones in her neck were cracking and reforming.