38. Month Two: The Search Continues

"We haven't heard any word in months. This is getting ridiculous, extremely ridiculous now." Peter remarked as him, Isaac, Victoria and Kimber were all walking into the loft. "Remind me, why we can't just give up on them again?" He asked and then without any indication from Kimber or Victoria, an arrow seemed to sprout from his left arm, going right through it as he shouted in pain.

Casey was holding the crossbow that the arrow had fired from in the corner and silently with a disapproving glare, she was looking at him, before she quickly shook her head. "Talk like that again, and it will be mistletoe and wolfsbane on the next one." Casey said as she walked over and ripped the arrow out of Peter's arm, as he shouted in pain.

"Did you get a scent or anything?" Derek asked as he walked out of the kitchen with a mug of coffee for Kimber, who took it from him and she shook her head. "No impressions? Nothing?"

"Our best bet might just be to admit, what we've known all along." Kimber said evenly and Derek looked at her with narrowed eyes. "That the alpha pack intercepted Erica and Boyd on the run and they grabbed Jimmy from the airport. He never made it to New York, because he never left Beacon Hills." Kimber took a big sip of her coffee, before she grabbed a carton of milk and poured some of it into the coffee mug.

"But, I mean... Would they really kill an Emissary to another pack?" Victoria asked quickly and the adults all looked at one another, before Casey was putting down the crossbow silently and she looked at the youngest of their group.

"I mean, they killed all of their own Emissaries on Deucalion's orders." Casey pointed out to them with a swift shrug. "Ironically, killing them all just except for Deucalion's." Casey said and Victoria's eyes widened at the words.

"They won't kill Jimmy." Kimber said confidently and at the words, they all directed their attention to her. "As long as they think that Jimmy is important to us, they'll keep him alive. He is leverage, a way to keep us in line without actually watching us all of the time. Jimmy knows how to send us messages if he is being tortured, we discovered that two months ago." Kimber said and Derek nodded.

"How?" Casey asked curiously.

"Jimmy has a bond with us Hales, that none of us really understand. When somebody was torturing him, we could feel what was happening. Kimber's arm had words carved into it, that we saw were carved into Jimmy's arm." Derek explained, looking down at the maps in front of them. "When Gerard carved out the symbol that Jimmy had, it felt like someone was trying to cut out our tattoos." Derek said with a shrug. "We don't know what it means."

"The druid symbol, right? The pack one." Casey clarified and the siblings nodded. "Well, that would make sense actually. It would be the easiest way to cut off a druid's connection to their pack, however temporarily it would affect them." She said.

"What do you mean?" Kimber asked after Derek had fallen into silence again.

Casey grabbed a knife from the table and she pulled it out of the cover, before she closed her hand around the blade. "Shit." Derek said as he opened his hand and it was bleeding, just like Casey's hand was. "What the hell?" He asked as the wound in his hand was closing, while Kimber briefly felt her healing drain as Casey's wound also closed.

"Jimmy Carter isn't the only druid like that." Casey said as she was quickly clearing the blood off of the blade of the knife and also, off of her hand. "I might be a hunter on my mom's side, but my dad's parents were druids. He just didn't get the abilities, so he chose to take it out on every fricking werewolf he found."

"And on his own kid." Peter added and in hindsight for the rest of them, they really should just have known what was going to happen next and Casey's knife was buried hilt-deep into his right shoulder and then, Peter yelled in pain all over again.

"You're going to have to burn that wolfsbane out soon." Casey spoke up bluntly and then Peter's eyes swiftly widened as she was turning her back and walking over to the kitchen like she hadn't just threatened the crazy, insane werewolf in the room. Peter lunged after her and both Derek and Kimber swiftly stepped into his way, but he never made it to them. Peter fell flat on his face and Casey scoffed at the sound of him hitting the floor. "And, did I forget to mention the kanima venom?" She wondered out loud and Peter growled, from where he was face-down on the floor.

"Yes." Came the growled reply and Kimber burst out laughing at the sight of Peter lying down on the floor, directly on his face and unable to move because of kanima venom.

"Well played, Casey. Well played." Kimber said with an unmistakable grin in her voice as Peter growled from the floor. "So, when do I get to learn how to shoot?" Kimber asked and Casey was looking over at her.

"You were serious about that?" Casey asked.

"A lunar eclipse takes away our abilities and on the off-chance that I'm attacked on a lunar eclipse, I want to know how to defend myself without my abilities." Kimber said, crossing her arms over her chest and when Casey looked at her, she could suddenly see the clear resemblance even more between Kimber and Derek. "Please?"

"Derek?" Casey questioned and Derek glanced at Kimber, who was silently looking at him, asking and practically pleading with him to agree with her words.

"That's fine by me." Derek said and Kimber was grinning again. "Provided that you don't use me as target practice." Derek warned.

"Of course not." Kimber said and she shrugged. "Well, at least not with wolfsbane bullets." She amended and Derek's hand shot out towards her, but Kimber ducked to avoid the playful hit and she was shaking her head. "Still too slow." Kimber stated with a grin on her face as she was going up the stairs along with Victoria, who was doing work on her computer.