44. Unleashed

"Kimber! You are going to be late for school!" Derek called up the stairs and Kimber groaned, as she trudged down the stairs and she yawned loudly.

"I can't stay home for a day longer?" She asked and Derek looked at her. "Come on, Derek. I'm pulling straight As for the third year in a row and I'm fricking totally exhausted." Kimber pleaded and Derek looked at her.

"No." Derek said bluntly and Kimber groaned at the words from her brother, before she was stomping over to the coffeemaker and drinking the coffee straight out of the pot. Derek shook his head as Victoria was already out of the door. Derek glanced over at Jimmy, who was watching the extremely grumpy and tired Kimber and then, Derek sighed. "Kimber, you can stay home." Derek said and Kimber glanced over at him.

"Thanks... For deciding that after I just have drunk an entire pot of coffee." Kimber said sarcastically and Casey was walking down the stairs, grunting out a greeting to everyone as she was making her way over to the kitchen. "Uh, Casey? I kind of just..." Casey looked into the empty coffeepot and she turned to look at Kimber, who was backing up.

"Whoops." Kimber said and she took off running, hiding behind Derek as Casey was glaring at her. "Hide me." She said as Derek was shaking his head, before Jimmy got up and went to the kitchen and grabbed another full pot of steaming hot coffee, from where he had hidden it from Kimber.

Casey grabbed the entire pot of coffee and poured it into three different mugs, all of which were labelled with her name and she put the empty coffee pot back, before she was swiftly picking up all three mugs and was walking over to the couch.

"She has literally got her name on them." Jimmy muttered and Kimber snickered at the words before she was headed back upstairs. "Kimber, get some sleep. You look like shit." Jimmy said as Kimber scoffed.

"You're one to talk, Jimmy. How long has it been since you've slept properly?" Jimmy didn't have an answer for that observation as Kimber nodded. "That's what I thought, I'm going back to sleep." Kimber muttered as she was disappearing into her room.

"She does have a point, you know." Derek said quietly and Jimmy grumbled at the words, before he was going and making another pot of coffee for himself. "If you have to sleep during the day to get some rest, then do it. You haven't slept in days and you are on a caffeine and water only diet, I don't know how you're still alive." Derek said and Jimmy pinched the bridge of his nose until his eyes watered, trying to keep himself awake.

"I can't." Jimmy muttered as he went outside onto the balcony and Derek followed him, raising his eyebrows at the sound of Jimmy's heartbeat, it was pounding like he was scared. "Every time I close my eyes, I'm back in that damn vault." He said and he leaned against the railing.

"You were trapped in there for four whole months, Jimmy." Derek pointed out and he was looking at him with something that amounted to concern on his face. "You had no connection to the earth, you were away from the pack and you watched Erica dying. It's natural to feel like you can't breathe when you're worried about stuff like this, but you can't keep staying awake." Derek said and on the railing, Jimmy was clenching his fists and his knuckles were white. "Hey." He said and Jimmy shook his head, before Derek moved his arms around him in a hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to be the one who freaks out." Jimmy mumbled and Derek scoffed at the words, before Jimmy released his white-knuckle grip on the railing and Derek nodded. "If I fell asleep during the day and stayed up all night, how annoyed would you be?" He asked and Derek was shaking his head.

"As long as you're sleeping, Jimmy? I couldn't care less." Derek admitted and Jimmy sighed.

"Well, then... I am going to sleep." Jimmy muttered quietly as he was walking back inside of the loft and he flopped down onto the second couch. Within a few minutes, he was fast asleep with headphones over his ears and Casey glanced over at him.