Chapter Two

And the next thing Tyler knew, was how he soon heard a strange British accent, trying to coax him to wake up.

The voice pleaded. "Can you please wake up for me, young lad? I do hope you're alive..."

Waking up, Tyler soon found himself lying face-down on a beach. As he slowly got up, the first thing he noticed was how there were three Pokemon – and the only one that looked the most familiar, was the one that looked like a beige-and-white owl with a large green bowtie on it. As he regained his balance on standing up, Tyler quickly brushed the sand off himself and re-cleaned his glasses that somehow survived the impact before noticing who the British accent belonged to.

It appeared to be an older man with a purple beanie, a white lab coat with a strange symbol on it and a brown vest that matched his black bowtie and pinstripe pants. In front of him were three Pokemon that appeared to be in front of him. And the only one that Tyler could faintly recognise – was the light brown owl with a green leafy bowtie.

On noticing how Tyler was alright, that was when the older man started. "I'm amazed that you're okay, after having just fallen from the sky."

Tyler immediately asked. "Do you know where I've ended up?"

"Welcome to Prelude Beach, Hisui, young man." After observing the casual outfit that Tyler was in for a moment, the older man went on. "You don't look like you're from this region... Do you recognize the area at all?"

Looking around, the place was very unfamiliar to Tyler. Just nearby, stretching out into the ocean – was a small wooden dock. Beyond the beach to his left, Tyler noticed how some steep hills were accompanied by a few trees. Beyond the green hills, was a silhouette of a large mountain with what appeared to be a strange dark cloud swirling in the sky above it with a white multi-pointed star crack in the middle. And in amongst this 'cloud' were brief flashes of lightning. On the nearby grassland, just by a path, was a wooden cabin. After a moment, Tyler concluded that he had never heard of this place and wasn't familiar in the slightest.

Tyler admitted. "I don't know anything about this place and none of the surroundings look familiar to me, sorry."

The older man went on. "Hmm... Do you know where you might want to settle down while you gather your bearings?"

"Even though there's that cabin over there, I feel like it's already occupied. No, I don't know where to settle for now..."

"Oh, so you must be lost then... Do you know of any basic survival skills that you could use to... survive here?"

"Not really, sorry."

A solemn silence then fell between the two. It was only broken by how the three Pokemon occasionally made soft noises and the breeze gently blowing through the area. It wasn't long before the older man then folded his arms to think this over for a moment before coming up with an idea.

The older man then suggested. "I know how I can help you out, young man!"

Cue the small owl with the green bowtie bouncing about for a moment, with the others only making soft cheering noises, before settling.

Tyler lit up, not only pleased at the offer but also at how the owl looked as if it wanted to help as well (more so than the others). "Really?"

"Yes, I would like to introduce you to these three Pokemon that decided to go on ahead of me. As if they knew that we had an unexpected visitor to the region. But before I can continue... I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Do you have any form of knowledge regarding Pokemon, by any chance?"

"Yes."