Taken

My eyes flicker open, then burn. The light was so bright. Too bright. Why did I sleep with the light on? Wouldn't my parents have noticed then turned it off themselves. Uneasiness sunk like a rock in my stomach. I wasn't at home anymore. My senses are cloudy and foggy, and my body felt as if someone had stuffed it with weights. A sharp memory bubbles to the surface. A shadow stalking across my room. A cloth pressed to my face. The sickly sweet smell of drugs. Then darkness. Fear gripped my body with icy tendrils. I was in danger. I sit up quickly, my white blonde hair whipping my face. I frantically scan the room.

 I was safe. I lean on the cold concrete wall. Concrete? I was in a concrete cube with four others. Three of whom were asleep and one who was awake and staring deep into the distance. Her eyes alight with wonder, as if she were deep in thought. She didn't look disoriented or confused. She looked as if she knew why we were here and didn't see the need to freak out. Her eyes flicker to meet mine, her eyes were a beautiful icy blue rimmed with dark lashes that brushed her cheeks when she blinked. Her stare was cold, she didn't like me and she wasn't afraid to let me know. The eye contact was suddenly too much. Uncomfort seeped through my veins. The concrete was digging into my legs and back. I closed my eyes and let the back of my head touch the wall. I breathed deeply trying to regain control of my emotions. Breath in, 1 2 3, breath out 1 2 3, breath in, 1 2 3, breath out 1 2 3.

 A rustle to my left breaks the calming meditation and my eyes dart open. It's okay. I tell myself, it was just someone moving in their drug induced sleep. I decided to take a closer look at my fellow captives. There were two boys and two other girls (including the girl with the frosty eyes). The boys were polar opposites. One wore a bright yellow shirt with words across the chest and washed out blue jeans with grass stains on the knees. His dirty blonde hair hung in ringlets over his babyish face. It was kind of cute. Ewwww, where did that thought come from? He was nothing like the boys I went out with. Shoving the thought from my mind I turn to study the other boy. He wore a pair of dark track pants and a deep green hoodie. His glasses pressed into the bridge of his nose. He had short dark hair and unlike the other boy his expression was cold and hard, as if someone had carved him from ice. The next captive was female, and I knew her. It was tiny Jasmine from my physics class. Her blonde hair was so dark I did know whether it could be still called blonde. She wore a pale pink shirt and light blue skinny jeans. Her navy gym shoes ruined the look entirely, but I guess she never struck me as one to care. I let out a sigh, I was wearing my sky blue silk Pajamas.

 Why were they all fully dressed? I thought violently. Were they taken before me. I was bed scrolling Insta at 12 when the kidnapper took me. Were they at a party I wasn't invited to? Impossible. I was the most popular girl in school, I was invited to every party that happened in our town. Any way they would have gone to bed afterward otherwise their kidnapping would have been too difficult to execute. The thought was comforting. These people were just idiots who slept in their clothes. That's all. I was kind of wishing I wore clothes to bed too. The concrete was cold and my thin PJs didn't do alot to protect me from it. What I wouldn't do to have my glassons merino shirt. The scent of drugs was fading and I took a big breath. I expected the room to smell like dust and mold, but it smells almost like a new car. New and unused. It was almost intoxicating. Strange... My thought broke as a dazed scream ripped through the air.