CHAPTER FIVE

Project: Massacre
Chapter Five

Kogakyo City. 7:54 PM.

"You look pathetic, imbecile." The twisted version of myself sneered at me, his tone dripping with contempt.

I hated him, yes, I hated him with every fiber of my being. But I was too terrified to move, too scared to even speak. He was intimidating, his presence exuding an air of power and control that made me feel small and helpless.

I just stood there, staring up at my twisted counterpart with a sense of dread filling my heart.

"Screw it," I said aloud, my voice shaking slightly. "It's not like I'm scared to die. If you kill me, then so be it."

I took a deep breath, steeling myself for whatever might come next. "You're inside my body, so if you kill me, you'll kill yourself too. I'll take you down with me-"

Suddenly, he teleported behind me and threw me to the ground. Before I could even react, he had me up by the nape of my neck, lifting me off the ground effortlessly.

"I know that," he said, his voice dripping with a mix of amusement and annoyance.

"I'm not gonna kill you. Not yet." he added, his grip on my neck tightening as he held me up in the air.

He dropped me to the ground, and walked away.

"We're inside your mind," he said, his tone dripping with a sense of superiority.

"How's that possible?" I asked, my voice filled with confusion.

"Brains don't have destroyed cities inside them, and definitely not some ugly wannabe me!" I said, my anger rising as I tried to punch him.

But he effortlessly dodged my attack, his expression now one of disgust as he looked down at me. "You're seriously boring," he said, his tone dripping with derision.

"Whenever your mental fortitude is challenged or a traumatic event takes place, you retreat into your own mind. The Mental Realm. It's as if the loud thunder of a storm causes a young child to run back to their mother for comfort. I abhor such behavior."

"Your body is a village, and your brain is a house that I live in. Do you get it now?" he asked.

I couldn't help but feel my blood boil at his words. He was comparing me to a village, and himself to some sort of parasite that had taken up residence inside my brain.

"What are you doing here then? Why are you inside me? How are you inside of me? How did you get here?"I asked, my voice shaking slightly with anger.

He continued to walk away, and didn't even say a thing...

"Hey, I am talking to you! Damn it-"

"Hey, imbecile. Let's make a deal," he said, his expression changing from one of amusement to one of seriousness.

"Don't tell anyone about me, and I won't take over your body again." He paused for a moment, his gaze narrowing as he looked at me. "I'll lend you my power as well," he added, his voice taking on a note of authority.

This deal sounded too good to be true. Was he trying to trick me?

"What's the catch?" I asked, my voice filled with caution.

"There is no catch," he said, a hint of a smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "Just follow accordingly."

"I know there's a catch!" I exclaimed as I charged towards him, my voice filled with frustration and anger.

The twisted version of myself just stood there, his expression unreadable. "Believe whatever you want to believe," he said, his voice dripping with a sense of superiority.