Chapter 7: Crossing Boundaries

The turmoil sparked by online rumors and internal doubts led Maria and "J" to a period of silent reflection. Despite the challenges, the connection they had built was too precious to be easily abandoned. It was "J" who, finally, broke the silence with a bold proposition.

"I will be on a brief break in a few weeks. There's a cafe I like, hidden and quiet, far from the camera lenses. I'd like to meet you there, Maria. Only if you feel comfortable, of course. Maybe, by meeting, we can find a way to overcome the challenges we fear facing."

"J's" proposal ignited a flame of hope in Maria's heart. The idea of finally meeting him, to confirm if the person she had shared so many thoughts and feelings with was really who she imagined, was simultaneously frightening and exciting. After much deliberation, she accepted, setting a date that could change everything.

In the days leading up to the meeting, Maria found herself in a state of anxiety and expectation. She carefully chose her clothes, opting for something that made her feel authentic and comfortable. She thought about what she would say, how she would act, and, most importantly, how she would react to finally unveiling the mystery of "J".

The day arrived with a mix of nervousness and excitement. Maria arrived at the cafe ahead of time, choosing a discreet table at the back, from where she could watch the entrance. The cafe was a haven of tranquility, its walls adorned with local art and shelves filled with books offering a cozy atmosphere.

Then, he appeared. Jeongin entered the cafe, his simple disguise unable to completely hide his identity. The moment his eyes met Maria's, there was an immediate recognition. Jeongin smiled, a shy gesture, but full of warmth, and approached.

"Maria," he began, his voice as familiar as in the messages and yet somehow new. "I'm 'J'. Thank you for coming."

The first words exchanged were cautious, but soon the conversation flowed with the same ease and depth that characterized their online exchanges. They talked about everything and nothing, laughing together, sharing comfortable silences, and occasionally touching on more serious topics.

Jeongin shared the pressures of his public life, the challenges, and the rewards. Maria talked about her dreams, her aspirations to write, and how Stray Kids' music had been a light in dark times. It was a meeting that transcended the barrier between idol and fan, revealing the essence of two people simply seeking connection and understanding.

When the meeting came to an end, both knew they had crossed a significant threshold. The experience of meeting in person had strengthened their connection in ways text messages could not capture. They parted with promises to keep in touch, no longer as idol and fan, but as friends who had found in each other a kindred spirit.

Walking home, Maria reflected on the meeting. The reality of Jeongin was as much as she had imagined and yet more complex. She felt fortunate to have had the chance to glimpse the man behind the public persona. And while the future of their connection remained uncertain, Maria felt grateful for the opportunity to cross boundaries she never thought possible.

 And while the future of their connection remained uncertain, Maria felt grateful for the opportunity to cross boundaries she never thought possible

FOR NOW, THAT'S ALL...

Exploring new creative territories is always a brave step, and I am truly touched to have the opportunity to share a bit of my journey with you. Writing has been a hobby for me, a way to spread my imagination's wings and, perhaps, touch someone's heart along the way. I still consider myself a learner in this vast universe of writing, aware that I have much to discover and improve.

I must confess, I feel a mix of excitement and nervousness at the thought of continuing. The truth is, I am only motivated to move forward if, in some way, this resonates with you. Your opinion is incredibly valuable to me, whether it be as a sign of encouragement or constructive guidance for my growth.

Therefore, I humbly ask you to share your impressions. If you think there's something special in what I write, and you want to read more, I would be honored to continue this journey. But, if you feel it's not the time, I will understand with gratitude and take it as an important lesson in my path of learning.

Thank you so much for giving me the chance to share a piece of my world with you. I hope, from the bottom of my heart, that it has brought some value, however small, to your life. I am open to hearing what you have to say, with all humility and an open mind to learn from every word.

Should I continue writing?

Follow me on my social media if so: