Five - Father

Okay. Maybe he was way too excited. Literally no one would've ever expect Nightmare's father to come home. He basically acted like he didn't have any family, so it was a surprise that he came home just to see Nightmare and Dream. Nightmare didn't seem a tad bit happy with the news when he told them.. Well, whatever. What could possibly go wrong?

And yes, Killer knew very well you shouldn't ever ask yourself that question.

***

There's no way it could get any worse. Nightmare wouldn't survive a whole day with his father. He sighed as he watched the old hag walking around the kitchen, checking for anything broken or out of place, for some reason. Dream was frowning, his head down every time their father wasn't talking to him.. Really, Nightmare didn't understand how Dream simply obeyed everything this old man said without telling him to fuck off. Maybe Dream had a better temper, but whatever.

Mr. Joku turned towards Nightmare and Dream, humming in acceptance. "Great. This place is the same as always, hm?", he laughed and walked out of the kitchen. Nightmare glared at Dream, scoffing; "Keep your head up. He has no right to demand you to do anything, Dream.", he said to his brother, not really showing how worried he was. Dream looked back at him and bit his lip; "Yes, he has. Nothing is a crime to him, you know that.". Nightmare swore he'd kill the next soul that dared to step in his sight.

He walked out of the kitchen and ignored whatever his father was doing, walking upstairs as fast as he could. He knew it wouldn't be the best idea to leave Dream down there by his own, but he wasn't on his right mind at this moment. He entered his room quickly, running towards the bedside table. He picked up a bottle of black pills and immediately put one of the pills in his mouth, swallowing it. He sat on his bed and breathed in and out, trying to relax his body as he laid down. Only a close of his eyes was necessary for him to fall asleep.

***

Dream couldn't even believe the possibility of this happening. He didn't even fucking remembered he had condoms in his room!? And now, his father was asking him thousands of questions about who's the lucky 'girl'. Really, could anyone even imagine Dream with a girl...? Until now, no. It actually made him very uncomfortable to be talking about this with the man that declared to be his father.

"C'mon, you know you can tell me.", the man said while taking looks at the box of condoms in his hands. He's not buying those ever again, that's Cross's job from now on. Dream only looked away and hummed, unsure of what to say or do. His father smacked his back with a hand, making him yelp in pain. "Haha, I'm sure you're aware that I'll just find out by myself if you don't tell me.", Dream frowned and gulped, chuckling nervously.

"Uhm.. It's not- like..", he muttered, looking away. He wanted to die right now. "It's not a girl....?", he said slowly, taking a glance at his father. The two of them were silence for a while.. Dream starting biting his nails, anxiously waiting for the man's answer. The old hag only laughed it off and kept smacking Dream's back.. Dream didn't find it funny at all.

"Good joke you got there, son! Now go on, tell me!", Dream frowned a bit, the nervousness raising more and more at each second that passed- "It's not a joke.", he quickly turned his head towards the door, widening his eyes. "Cross-? Why are you here..?", he ran to his boyfriend and glanced at his father before Cross held both sides of his face and made him look at him.

"Why didn't you tell me he was here?", he asked in a whisper, his hands wrapping around Dream's waist. Dream blushed madly, stuttering before managing to speak; "I-... You didn't need to come here..", he whispered back, clearly worried with Cross. The other only smiled and chuckled before his head was smacked with a baseball bat.

***

"And I thought it would be better to tell someone since-.. Y'know... Ah, not even I know, it doesn't matter at this point.", Horror said as he ate more of his burger. Killer was only eating the fries as he heard Horror talking about his big crush on Dust. "Well, the funny part is that Berry is dating.", he smiled at Horror, laughing before putting more fries on his mouth.

Horror only glared at him with wide eyes, finishing the burger on his mouth to speak; "Why the fuck did you give him hope if Blue's dating!?", he glared at Killer, not seeing the fun in that at all. Killer started laughing again, but then he stopped and hummed, his expression confused now; "I thought he knew that.", he said while munching on his fries. Horror groaned and drank some of his drink, looking away for some seconds.

"So.. that means he has no chance with Blue..?", he asked Killer innocently, his cheeks reddening as he looked down at his burger. Killer hummed once again, thinking; "Well, I mean.. Only if Berry ends up falling for Dust, then maybe they'll end up together.", he chuckled, leaning on his chair again.

Horror was starting to regret his decision to tell Killer about this. He sighed and went back to eating his burger, totally giving up on talking with Killer about it. However, the boy in front of him had an amazing idea! "Hey.. What if we set up a blind date with you and him? Then, you'd act like you didn't knew and he would be like 'Oh! What a coincidence!'. And in the end, you two would kiss and start dating with a happily ever after.", he crossed his arms proudly, smiling at Horror with confidence.

This was officially the worst idea he had ever heard coming from Killer. "What is wrong with you.", he said while finishing his burger. "What!? I just offered you an idea, okay? No need to be so rude, geez.", Killer huffed and looked away, but not really that bothered by Horror's reaction.

Killer was about to keep complaining when his phone started ringing; he looked at it and saw Nightmare's name on the screen. He picked it up and answered the call, hearing Dream's desperate voice on the other side of the call. "Killer!? W- Where are you right now??", he asked quickly, apparently panting. Killer widened his eyes in surprise at the way Dream started.

"I'm out with Horror.. Why? Are you okay? Did something happen?", he asked it all at once, starting to get worried. "I- .. Can you come over, please..? You can bring Horror too, it doesn't matter, but Nightmare and Cross are unconscious.", his voice trembled as he talked, running out of breath at the speed of the words coming out of his mouth. Killer frowned, extremely confused. He was going to say something, but shook his head and hang up. "Get up. We're going to Nightmare's house right now."

***

To be continued...