53

* Y'all lucky I am in a good mood, enjoy 😭

"This doesn't make sense." Her father stated. Fatima arrived home a short while later, Henry and Fatima had been going over the files for the majority of the afternoon. Only stopping for bathroom breaks and to stretch, she ended up powering her phone off since Zac was distracting their thinking process with messages and calls.

"That's what I said," Fatima stated. The main issue they were having was the following: Madam's files stated Olivia's death was 0309; Madam also had a death certificate as well with 03/09. However, whoever taped the files to her father's storage locker had the death date as 02/29. That is a big 10-day gap, you can't make that big of a mistake.

"But look at this as well." Fatima pointed to where her body was found, Las Vegas. "These are fake." Her father shot down instantly. "How do you know?"

"As long as I remembered Olivia, she hated planes. She didn't understand how something that weighs so much can just float in air. Not only that but she hated Vegas, the idea of partying, strippers, and gambling. That wasn't her scene. No way she would've gotten on a plane, no way she would even drive from Chicago to Vegas, and whoever taped this to the storage locker now knows we are onto them and is trying to make us stop looking." He stated.

Fatima thought about it and he was right, maybe they were getting close and somebody was trying get us to look somewhere else. Their is way too many inconsistencies. "What about this?" She pointed to the body chart that had a list of her injuries at the time of her death. "I can't tell you about this because I honestly don't know, but to sustain all these injuries and then die by forceful drowning shows how strong she was." He grasped at his chest, feeling it being snatched from him all over again.

"And this?" She grabbed the paper of the life insurance. "The policy was made into effect 03/05, that's 4 days before her death. No way she was dead 02/29 but was able to file a policy 6 days later, that makes no sense." She added. Most often times, they request a lot of private information so their's no way someone was able to just 'pretend' to be her.

"I am not sure about that either, we talked about doing one but she disappeared before that ever happened. Once she went missing, I went ahead and took that policy out making you the sole beneficiary over my policy just in case God wanted me home early." He admitted.

"So you think this is real? Like I got 3 million dollars?" She asked looking down at the paper. "I mean...looks real and like you said no way they didn't do the needed background check and stuff."

"Ooooh lemon drops on me." She squealed excited before she looked down mugging her stomach. "Lemonade drops me on." She said not interested anymore, she forgot all about her being pregnant which got her emotional all over again as she thought about Zac and what he did.

Her father wiped the free tears, "Why would he do this to me? To us? We were good, not perfect, but good." She mumbled lowly as she felt her father wiping her tears. "Finish this tea up and go get some rest." He kissed her head before clearing the table, he was beginning to like lazy America. He never used a dishwasher at his house in Chicago, but here he was throwing any and everything he could in there.

Fatima finished up her tea before handing it to her father where he put it in the dishwasher to start a load. She went to shower and get herself ready for bed, powering on her phone as it rung with a million notifications from Zac, she read a few of them appreciating the kind words, but that was all she had to offer. She set her alarm before rolling over and counting sheep, this was her new reality. Going to bed alone.

A few days went by...

"We don't have enough evidence for that Robin." Fatima stressed to him. He had been sitting in her office the past 20 minutes talking about officially arresting Ian. "I know that but he doesn't know that, we can easily get him in here and get him to talk."