One Dream, One Life, One Lover...

Catra didn't know what to expect when her aunts and cousin invited herself, and her cousin's girlfriend on a trip to Mystacor beach to stay at their vacation home for the summer. In Brightmoon, the summers were quite hot, but nothing compared to the temperatures the nearby city, Crimson Waste, would reach. Mystacor Beach was just 51 minutes away, but they'd have to stop for gas and snacks on the way. Catra was very, very grateful to get away from her mother; the mix of insulting or just plain acting as if her own daughter didn't exist was sour another one of her summers, so she read and listened to music on the entire drive over, without a care in the world. Maybe even allowed herself to smile as she glanced out the window at the sunny green landscape as they drove by. Although the brunette wasn't a huge fan of water, she was happy to get some sun and be away from her boring home full of antiques and random dusty crystals and gems her mother enjoyed collecting. The best thing about her home was the garden; Catra often wondered how her mother could be so attentive and caring toward some plants, but never her daughter. Maybe because she actually wanted them.

Once they arrived at Mystacor Beach, they parked in their driveway which faced towards the road up the hill and away from the beach. They brought in their bags and began to unpack.

"Luckily we arrived early, now we can spend the day at the beach and small shops!" Said her aunt, Garnet.

"Just like I planned." Her other aunt, LiAnna said smugly as she began to unpack some groceries and place them in the fridge, Scorpia helping along the way.

"If you kids wanna go down to the beach now, you can. We can set up the house a bit ourselves." Said LiAnna.

"It's okay mom, we can help-" Scorpia was interrupted by Garnet gently taking a carton of eggs out of her hands as LiAnna guided her and the others out the door.

"Go on honey, enjoy your summer break." Garnet smiled warmly.

Before anyone could protest further, LiAnna engulfed them all in a group hug, making sure the eggs wouldn't be crushed, of course.

Catra and Perfuma both thanked them as they all grabbed their beach bags and the cooler from the car before heading down the treacherous hill.

"So, what do you guys wanna do first?" Perfuma asked softly as she practically glided down the hill.

"You guys can spend time together. I'm fine with just reading and tanning a bit. Alone."

Scorpia nearly knocked the petite brunette down the hill entirely when she not so gently bumped into Catra's shoulder playfully.

"Aw Wildcat! Don't worry we won't smother you, but don't think you're gonna get out of hanging with us just because we're a couple now!"

Catra secretly adored when Scorpia somewhat forces her to hang out with them. She always enjoyed it in the end.

"Whatever, let's at least relax for a bit first. My book was just getting good."

Once they were all set up on the beach, Scorpia and Perfuma immediately ran to the water, allowing Catra to have her alone time and recharge her social battery. She slipped the thin tank top and knit shorts she wore over her wine red bikini off, and laid out on her beach towel, soaking up the sun as she read her book. Not long passed before Catra heard commotion not too far down the beach. A group of teens, probably around her age were playing volleyball and must've really been getting into the game. From what she could see, a tall black boy, a short, curvy girl with pinkish hair, and a tall blonde girl were goofing off while a well-built black girl with dreads, a blue haired south-asian girl, and a lithe, sunburnt blonde boy seemed to be taking the game a bit more seriously. Actually, the blue haired girl seemed to be extremely bored, and the blonde boy seemed to want to be anywhere but in the sun a moment longer. They seemed to only be joking around with each other though, which gave Catra a small sense of longing. She continued reading, only to then be interrupted by an eclipsing shadow.

"Wi-ld-cat! You have to get in, the water feels perfect!" They giggled a bit as the couple held onto one another.

Catra sat up a bit, slipping her sunglasses on and glancing over to the group of teens laughing and playing again.

"I'm good here. Maybe a little later, and then we can sit on the pier too."

"Okay, well-" Scorpia was cut off by a ball landing right in the middle of the trio.

A beat and then, "KYLE!" The large group of teens seem to be scolding and playfully teasing the small blonde boy (Kyle?).

After catching the attention of the entire right half of the beach, one of them came running over to retrieve it.

Catra glances over and oh my gosh. Is Catra dreaming or is a Goddess running towards her? The girl stops in front of them and it's as if time stops. She's tall and blonde with a long slightly drooping ponytail, and up close Catra can tell that she has sapphire blue eyes and freckles that seem to just be forming on her face and shoulders. This Goddess is wearing a peekaboo one piece that shows off her flat tummy with abs just beginning to form, and her strong, smooth limbs. She seems a bit nervous at first when she glances at the trio, stopping herself from biting her nail midway through the act.

"Hey sorry, that's our ball! That's what we get for letting Kyle serve, we just-"

Catra tunes the rest out, watching as her plump, pink lips move, and mapping out her sharp jawline, and basically everything else that makes this girl so heavenly.

"Sorry I'm rambling again!" The girl takes a deep breath and bends over to grab the ball, "Away, sorry again!"

Before the girl can turn to leave, Perfuma stops her by reaching out her hand.

"Wait, are you Adora? Adora from Biology B with Mr. Cobble?"

"Yes...Oh! Sorry I was so caught up in my ramble, I barely recognized you!"

The pair hugged and began catching up some more, "Yes, and this is my girlfriend Scorpia and her cousin, Catra."

"Hi! I'm Adora, nice to meet you both!" The blonde smiled a sweet smile and Catra almost forgot how to speak English.

"Hello!" Scorpia waved.

After a beat Catra finally snapped out of it enough to take off her glasses and speak, "Hey, Adora."

Adora looked like she was caught in a daydream when Catra spoke, "You're eyes, they're super cool!" She smiled again and Catra almost died from being struck by beauty itself.

"Oh, uh, thanks." Catra tried smiling back, hoping it wasn't dopey and lovesick like she was feeling.

"Well, if you guys want to join us, you're welcome to!"

Before Catra could protest, both Scorpia and Perfuma enthusiastically agreed. They all looked over to Catra next.

"Catra?" Perfuma prompts her to respond.

"Uh, sure. I'll play." Who knows the next time she'd see this Goddess?

It's probably a lot more than she expected apparently because on the walk over to the net, Adora talks about how her best friend always invites a bunch of people down to her beach house during the summer, but only her closest ones get to stay there for the entire summer.

"So, you're in the same boat as us." Perfuma states.

"Oh, fun! We can get to know each other a lot better now." Another soft smile; this girl is always smiling.

When they reach the others they all introduce themselves quickly before getting ready to play. Glimmer, the short pink (and up close purple) haired girl jumps on Adora's back while Adora spins her.

"You're finally back! What took you so long?"