6

"Life never look this colorful since i was a child"

I've understood what they meant by that because of my memories but never did i realize how much it felt to really understand.

17 year old, failing classes, not passing high school, isolating myself, attempting, depressed was the situation i was in. But everything seemed to be so normal for 30 days of consecutively executing something is what it takes to make it a habit so imagine 3 yrs?

The vacation, something i dread but was excited about, as an immigrant i miss my family back home but i really did have this life, in this country, that was way important. i wanted to go back because i miss them but i didn't want to go because i didn't want to miss them more. As they say country air is much better, they really haven't proved me wrong yet. Everyone was happy to see me, to be complete. After a month that all came to an end, i had to go back.

Back home, the future i focus on, Slowly, i start to realize things are brighter than it used to be, the grumpy old lady in the appartement beside mines seemed to smile more, the people around me seemed nicer, by my friends, i felt so much more loved.
My life became brighter, i felt that i didn't just exist anymore, i am living.

Being loved made me happier and see the good in things. I now understand why people who grew up with such love were always giving us, too, life.