II

Las Plagas, as it is called, has only spread to mainland of Spain. Though it seems good enough for the rest of the world, those living in Spain had constant paranoia of anything bad catching to them, like the disease.

Max had been on the frontier of Spain for sometime, and eventually partnered up with Luis to discover what the disease was and how to cure it. Of course, with all this serious work needing to be done, Luis still found ways to mess and even flirt with Max.

"Mi Querida, why don't you show me your face ay? We've been partners for some time and still, I have not seen your beautiful face."

"Mi Querida? What is he on.."

Max sighed as she looked at Luis. No matter how many times she has told him no about seeing her face, he still tries to get the answer in which he is looking for.

"Luis, I've told you this more than once that I cannot show my own face"

Stubborn, Luis scoffs and leaves, seemingly flirting with the other women stationed there.
...
After Max saw Luis leave and flirt his way with other women, she felt..jealous. Jealous that he flirted with them the way he flirted with her, which made it seem like he was just doing it for a show rather than for interest. Though no one could see her, she wasn't the happiest in the mask as she had been previously.

Max was catching unwanted feelings for Luis.
...

Returning to her awful, small room, Max couldn't believe that she, the chief executive of her group, was falling for a spaniard scientist who flirts with not just her, but with other women. She sighed and plopped herself down into her twin-sized bed, nearly falling upon impact.

A while later, she woke from her sleep, unaware that she had slept through most of the afternoon. Her peace was disturbed by a soft yet demanded knock, with a familiar voice-line from the other side of the small room.

"Mi querida, estás ahí? I haven't seen you this whole afternoon!" said Luis.

Max gently smiled at his words, but realized he could not see her without her mask on. After putting her full gear on, she sighed.

"Oh I'm in here alright."

Even if she sounded annoyed, she still had that stupid smile plastered all over her face just because he was there.

As she opened the door, she saw a very excited Luis standing right in front of her, as he was just excited to see her. Yes, this was a business partnership for both for them, but without realizing it, both were falling in love with one another even if it was for jokes or plain right stupid.

"Still no face, mi amor?" Said Luis as he pouted.

Max had once again blushed, but scoffed at the question asked.

"No Luis, no face today."

"But when? What if I never get to see your face?"

"I think it's better if you don't see my face Luis"

He frowned. "But you are so beautiful, who wouldn't want to see you without your mask on?"

She sighed as she plopped down on her bed. Luis, with his own permission, followed and sat next to her.

"So..", she stated,

"How's the search for the vaccine going? Any new news on the plague?"

Luis frowned. "No. Nothing yet, but..."

Luis looked around the room and gently pressed himself to the nearest wall to him. He was trying to see if these walls were thin or thick by the way he heard sounds from outside. Knowing it was dawning to dusk, he knew people would be in their rooms at this given time, so with the lack of communication heard from the outside, he knew that these walls were thick and words could be spoken.

"..I may have found out who began this plague."

Max's eyes drifted from the window to Luis in a second. "Who?? Who would do such a thing to the human race?"

Luis signed. "The name is Saddler. Osmund Saddler. I have no further information on him, but from what he is trying to do to the societies in Spain, it seems to be working...fast."

Max blinked. She couldn't believe what she had heard. It made the room get hot, and her suit was becoming unbearable.

She stood up in the time being, and looked down at luis. "I'm sorry Luis, but you have to go. I thank you for this information, but..I need to be alone for a bit."

Luis got up and gave a faint smile to her. "Anything for you, mi querida. I'm here if you need anything, always."

Though he could not see it, a small smile planted on Max's lips. As he stepped out the door, it faded, but with intention.

"...my parents. Are they okay? Has the plague got to their region..? What am I going to do.."