IV

Max had woken up by the sudden cold she felt on her side. Luis was gone.

She positioned herself upward, and decided to search around to find him. "Luis?" she whispered multiple times.

No answer.

"Luis, please where are you?"

Around 7 minutes had passed since, and just as she was going to go a different direction, muffled sounds came from the upper region.

Max quickly but quietly, made her way up the stairs and onto the second floor, where she was trapped with multiple doors.

The doors weren't really traps to her, but more like tricks to try and see which room luis was in. As she walked down the aisle of doors, one of them had the door cranked open just a tiny bit, and from that, she could hear the audio of voices.

Max watched from the peephole as a slim, tall woman interrogated Luis. Luis, on the other hand, was cornered on one side with what seemed to be chains around his hands.

Max's eyebrows furrowed, as she sensed that Luis was in no rather pain than expected. The woman knelt down to his level and lifted his chin with the tip of her fingers, while whispering things Max could not hear, into Luis' ear.

'..she's flirting with him.."

Max hid behind a wall and stared at the blank wall ahead of her. She was clueless. Clueless but thought how good Luis looked just as he was. It was so early in the morning that she even contemplated about "saving" him from this mysterious woman.

A barely audible sigh escaped from her mouth as she stood as quietly as she could and snuck into the room.

"I think it's best if you stop being all over him, ya know?" She said as her gun pointed towards the woman.

She laughed as she turned around. "Jealous, are we?" She said as she moved closer to Luis. He tried to move away from her, but with his restraints, he could only go so far. The woman began to place small touches on him, which made him give in.

Unnoticeable, Max's eye started to twitch. The way how she touched him irritated her, as she wanted to do those things. Before Max could even go any further, she snapped herself out of her small world.

The woman smirked as she touched Luis very softly, dragging her fingers along his body. "The name is Ada. Ada Wong. I'm not your enemy.."

"In that case, It's best that you let the man go."

Ada smiled a bit more this time as she stood. "I can't do that just yet, miss."

Max's eyes went towards Luis, but his eyes were nowhere near hers, and were suddenly on Ada's.

'fuck.'

"..and why exactly can't you, Ada?"

"You're little boy here has something important he needs to give me..something I need to prevent the plague from spreading further."

'Little boy? Luis? Who does this woman think she is?'

Unbeknownst to her own knowledge, Luis himself gave a faint smile when those words escaped from Ada's mouth.

'Jesus Christ what is this.'

"The control of the plague is in our hands, you have nothing to worry about Ada. It's best if you move along."

"No, It isn't in your hands. I have a friend with a girl a few miles away from us dying from this infection. I need that vaccine to save him."

Luis knew what Ada was talking about. He knew the boy and the girl she mentioned, but Max did not. Without saying a word, Luis was able to give what was available in his reach, the vaccine, to Ada.

Ada smiled almost sinisterly but happily, whispered something yet inaudible for Max to hear into Luis' ear, and sauntered right past Max as she glared at her.

Though Luis was quiet the whole time he was "trapped", he looked at Max and gave a smile to her.

"Gracias, mi amor"

Max was angry from what she saw, and didn't pay no mind to it. She knelt down beside him and began getting those chains off of him.

"You're not talking all of a sudden? Are you upset she did those things to me? What is it, mi amor?"

"Nothing. Just, be quiet and let me finish with you."

Max couldn't lie to herself for the millionth time on how she didn't want to kiss Luis in this state. As a matter of fact, she wanted to kiss him at this very moment, but she couldn't. How could she kiss him with her mask on..

Then the idea hit her. Hard. Though the glass panes began to emit light into the laboratory, there was still time to cover a face and see darkness. She had unchained Luis, grabbed his hand, and rushed him to their original spot.

He laughed as she rushed him. "Why so fast? Where are we going, mi querida?"

She smiled to herself and replied. "Nowhere. Now put this on for a split second, and close your eyes."

Luis raised a brow, but didn't question. A piece of cloth wrapped around his eyes, acting like a blindfold, but just for the fact that Max could protect her identity from him. To make sure, the issue of closing his eyes made sure he wouldn't see her, even if he felt her near him.

Her hand grabbed onto his own, as the other hand ran down his cheek. Softly caressing his face, she leaned closer, and closer, and closer..until their lips touched. As much as she wanted it to be quick and simple, the way things were going were not allowing for such.

His hands wrapped around her torso as her hands cupped his face. Something so amusing to her was finally happening, even after what she saw earlier. Eventually, she parted her lips from his, and nothing but silence filled the area.

Quickly, she put back on her mask. She untied the cloth from his eyes, and was surprised to see his eyes still closed. She smiled at the sight of him.

Her hands were kept in his own, as she leaned against him.

"Maybe we shouldn't work today, mi amor. Lets do it some other time."

Max laughed. "You know that's not happening. We have to work to produce more vaccines now that Ada took the last of your kind."

Luis frowned. He didn't want to give the vaccines to her, but he knew of her companion and his mission. Max noticed and playfully ruffled his hair.

"It's not your fault. You couldn't do anything. Just be glad you aren't hurt in any way."

She saw his frown change to a smile as he leaned his head on her own. As much as she couldn't even want to start something with Luis, she knew she couldn't resist a charm like him.