Tending to You

-Fluff

-

The morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the apartment where Dazai sat at his desk, buried in paperwork from the Agency. His focus was interrupted by the sound of a muffled cough coming from the bedroom, causing him to furrow his brow in concern.

Setting aside his work, Dazai made his way to the bedroom, where he found Chuuya curled up under the blankets, his face flushed with fever and his breathing labored.

"Chuuya, what's wrong?" Dazai asked, his voice laced with worry as he sat down beside him on the bed.

Chuuya winced, his voice hoarse as he replied, "I think I caught a cold, Dazai. Sorry for worrying you."

Dazai shook his head, his concern deepening as he reached out to feel Chuuya's forehead, which burned with fever. "You shouldn't apologize, Chuuya. Let me take care of you."

With gentle hands, Dazai tucked Chuuya in more securely, then hurried to the kitchen to prepare a bowl of hot soup and some medication to help alleviate Chuuya's symptoms.

Throughout the day, Dazai tended to Chuuya's needs, bringing him food and water, checking his temperature regularly, and offering words of comfort and reassurance. He sat by Chuuya's side, reading to him or simply holding his hand, providing the quiet companionship that Chuuya needed to feel better.

Chuuya, despite his usual stubbornness, allowed himself to be cared for by Dazai, finding solace in his presence and the warmth of his touch. He drifted in and out of sleep, his dreams filled with visions of Dazai's unwavering devotion and the love they shared.

As night fell and Chuuya's fever finally broke, Dazai tucked him into bed once more, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead before whispering, "Rest well, my love. I'll be right here beside you."

And as the moon rose high in the sky, casting a gentle glow over the apartment where Dazai and Chuuya lay entwined in each other's embrace, they found solace in the warmth of their love, knowing that together, they could weather any storm that came their way.

As the night wore on, Dazai remained vigilant by Chuuya's side, his concern never wavering as he monitored Chuuya's condition. He adjusted the blankets, ensuring Chuuya was comfortable, and periodically checked his temperature to ensure it didn't spike again.

Chuuya, feeling the gentle touch of Dazai's hand on his forehead, stirred from his slumber, his eyes fluttering open to meet Dazai's gaze. "Thank you, Dazai," he whispered, his voice still weak but filled with gratitude. "For taking care of me."

Dazai smiled softly, his heart swelling with warmth at Chuuya's words. "There's no need to thank me, Chuuya. I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

And in that moment, as the night stretched on in quiet companionship, Dazai and Chuuya found solace in each other's presence, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment.

As the first light of dawn broke through the curtains, Chuuya's fever had finally subsided, leaving him feeling weak but grateful for Dazai's unwavering care. With a newfound sense of strength, he reached out to grasp Dazai's hand, squeezing it gently in a silent gesture of appreciation.

"Let's get some rest, Chuuya," Dazai said softly, his eyes reflecting the love and tenderness he felt for the man lying beside him. "We'll face whatever comes our way together."

And as they drifted off to sleep, wrapped in each other's embrace, Dazai and Chuuya knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would always find comfort and support in the arms of the one they loved.