Five

Johnny hung up the phone and handed it back to a shocked Sophia. "I can't believe he was calling to tell me he was working late. I just saw him getting laid..." she said shell shocked. Johnny shrugged "I'm sorry doll. He really is a scumbag... and his loss is my gain. So remember push all the pain and anguish to tomorrow." She half smiled before nodding and sitting down on the couch.

"Ok... you go next." Sophia giggled, it was late and they had made their way through a bottle or two of champagne, wine and now were drinking slugs of whiskey from a bottle that Johnny retrieved from his luggage. "Ok, never have I ever.... Had sex in the trunk of a car." "What?!" Sophia giggled before Johnny took a sip making her laugh once more. "Enclosed." He said smirking. "What?! You're lying.. that can't be true." "Oh it is..." he said. "Your turn." He added. He was leaning up against the large arm of the couch. His back pressed against it, and his legs were straight out and curved onto the central table, crossed at the ankles. Sophia was on the opposite end of the couch her legs tucked under her as she lent on the back of the sofa with her elbow supporting her head. She thought for a moment self consciously pouting and biting her bottom lip. "Never have I ever... met a damsel in distress and recused her from an evening of misery and been one of the most kind caring men ever to walk the planet." She said proudly. Johnny stopped, assuming she was talking about him but the humble part of his brain didn't dare allow him to think it for long until she said. "You should drink." She said reaching for the glass he was holding on his lap. "Thank you.." " for what?" She asked. "For that insane compliment. I just try and be me. Not many people believe I'm a good guy anymore." He said taking a sip of his drink solemnly "Well you are. Don't worry those who support you know you're on the right side of the roaring rapids." He smiled before tapping his chin and thinking once more. "Never have I ever had a one night stand." He drank instantly and she hesitated. "You haven't?" He asked when she didn't drink. "Nope. Does that make me really boring?" "No, not boring. In fact quite the opposite."

A good few hours later, Sophia stood and wobbled slightly she was most definitely tipsy but not drunk. She headed to the mini bar fridge and took a bottle of water, taking a large gulp. "Thank you for a fine evening Mr Depp." She smiled. "You're most welcome.. I hope I took your mind off things even just for a few moments." "You did." She said tenderly as he approached and picked up the bouquet. "What sort of gentleman would I be if I didn't see you home safely after a wonderful evening?" He smirked as he gently guided her to her bedroom door and handed the flowers to her. "It was a pleasure." He said reaching for her hand and kissing the back of it making her heart swell. "The pleasure was all mine." She began to open the bedroom door when he started to head to his own room but he called out "Treat this place like home, if you need anything, call for it and I'll be right here if you need me." "Thank you Johnny, seriously." She said before wishing him goodnight and entering her bedroom.

After gently placing the flowers down on the dresser, she began to undress and changed into the silk slip she had packed, not knowing when she placed it in her case how the evening was going to pan out. After removing her make up and climbing into bed she checked her phone one last time. There were multiple messages and missed calls from Chris but she couldn't bring herself to care. She hoped he was worried, she hoped he felt some form of distress just like she was feeling.

Darling - is everything ok? Xx

What are you up to this evening? I just had a very strange call with somebody who answered your phone. Xx

Quit playing games Sophia. Call me. X

I'm staying at the office. Easier than commuting back now. Xx

She rolled her eyes at the last message. She felt like replying "Actually you're in the suite two doors down from the one I'm in." But then was she any better? Currently sharing a hotel suite with a man who wasn't her boyfriend? At least there was an entire living room between her and Johnny, plus she had only dined with him, nothing untoward whatsoever.

Sophia must have drifted off for a while but woke up extremely thirsty, putting it down to the large quantity of alcohol she had consumed she slowly got out of bed and headed to the mini bar in the living area. She opened the door and stepped out towards the amenities when she startled. Johnny was sat on the couch, his shirt more or less completely unbuttoned and he was slouched reading with a cigarette burning between his fingers. The lamps were on low and he took a second to look up and spot her. Sophia was too far into the room to run back and grab the robe, so was left stood in a silk negligee staring at the man in shock. "Are you ok doll?" He asked when he saw the goosebumps appear on her arms as she wrapped them around herself. "Yes sorry, I didn't realise you had woken up. I just wanted to grab some water." "Help yourself." He said with a friendly smile. "I'm sorry if I woke you." She said knowing she couldn't have done if he was dressed and sat in the room before she had even entered but it seemed the right thing to say. "You didn't. I've not even been to sleep yet.." he saw the confused look on her face and explained "I suffer with insomnia. 3 or 4 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky. That's why I read so much." She smiled as she discreetly tried to bend down and get a bottle of water from the fridge. "Reading for fun must feel like a chore to you though." He said as she sipped the bottle. "No, I love it, besides my job enables me to read things I would never have chosen myself." He nodded before she slowly approached, almost forgetting she was in a short silk slip exposing a lot of herself. "What are you reading?" "Oh I'm sure it won't interest you, just a classic of Hunter's. I always bring one or two with me, it's like a comfort blanket." She smiled nodding everybody had books like that. "Do you mind if I sit for a while, not sure my mind will switch off." "Of course." He gestured and shuffled on the couch so she could sit beside him.