II ❅ Freydis Hates Vikings

[Chapter 2]

The black dragon crashes against a stone wall as he tries to fly, hugging the fragile human to his scales

The black dragon crashes against a stone wall as he tries to fly, hugging the fragile human to his scales.  Freydis winces at the collision, feeling the force vibrating to her bones.  The loud roar the dragon left Hiccup with broke Freydis from her nightmares (which isn't exactly a bad thing) and to the land of the living once more.  The down side?  Her leg is in fiery pain with blood seeping into all of her clothes. Why didn't she keep more of an eye on her surroundings?  She let down her guard.

Freydis releases a strained gasp when the dragon lands into a clearing.  He slowly releases his hold to set the girl on her feet. She takes a step only to cry out — her leg collapsing. The pain is excruciating.  The onyx dragon darts forward to have her lean against his snout.  Freydis sucks in a breath, unsteadily releasing it after a moment. "Thanks, bud."

The dragon helps her sit against a large stone to rest, and she stretches her left leg with a groan. The Night Fury warbles as the lobes around his face drop in worry. His brilliant green eyes are back to big orbs, showing his concern over the girl he considers family.  He lowers his head to share eye contact with her, sending the question.

"It's okay," Frey reassures, trying to believe it herself.  "I'll be okay. I just need some rest."  She gives the dragon a soft smile, but he can see right through it. The girl is slowly turning the shade of her hair, and the scent of blood burns his nostrils. She is not okay.

The Night Fury perks up with an idea, prancing over to the pond nearby.  Freydis takes this time to look around.  They landed in a cove.  Rocks tower above them on all sides.  There's a few trees here and there, and a pond lies in the middle — the pond in which the overgrown reptile is splashing around while trying to catch a fish.  He jumps when one touches his back paw.  Freydis giggles as she watches him.  He always manages to cheer her up, intentionally or not.

Steeling her nerves for the pain to come, Freydis grasps at a knife hidden in her boot. She delicately cuts the cloth around her wound to take a better look at the gash; it isn't pretty. Trying not to gag at all the blood, Frey does her best to use extra material of her clothing to stop the bleeding. Her clothes will look terrible until she can get new ones, but at least she'll live — hopefully.

Freydis learned a lot about living on her own between her past with the Raiders and surviving in the wild with a Night Fury.  She's had to patch every wound, lower every fever, and reduce the swelling of every injury she's had.  Not to mention, tending to dragons when needed.  So, Freydis prides herself in knowing a bit above average about healing for humans and dragons alike.

The Night Fury prances over to her with a fish he finally caught in his mouth. He drops it in her lap and sits, swaying his tail back and forth with a tilt of his head. Frey genuinely smiles up at him, appreciating the food. "Okay, boy. I'm gonna need a fire. Think you can find me some wood? Big leaves and vines would be good to have too."