10. Agitated Mind

सुन रे सुन बेलिया
दिल ने धोखा दिया
आँखें मिली तुमसे नाज़नी
मेरे होश ओ हवास खो गए

I wasn't able to get my mind off the moment that me and Prisha shared in the lift . Though I had mischievously boasted about the "Wet dreams" to her , I was the one suffering. I had to take a long cold shower and now I was just lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

I had experienced this thing before, long ago.... It was too scary to realize that I was experiencing it once again.

It wasn't happening on purpose. It was just happening and I was shit scared. And I was liking it way too much for my liking.

There are a few things which aren't in your control. That was how I was reassuring myself at the moment.

The thought of me loving someone and realizing it wasn't enough for them still haunted me.

My mind was too clouded. No, I couldn't do this. I can't. I shouldn't. I won't.

I wasn't going to hurt myself anymore. I am gonna stay away from her. Obviously avoiding her entirely wasn't possible provided we lived on the same floor and her company working with mine, but the lesser I ran into her, the better.

The thoughts engulfed me and I didn't realize when I had dozed off.

♡♡♡

I was successful in avoiding her for the past 4 days . I used to get ready a bit earlier than my habitual time . I was roughly aware about Prisha's office timings so I had been going to my office before my usual time and coming back home late at night.

Right now , I was sitting in my cabin looking through some important work files when the telephone on my desk rang.

"Sir, there's an unexpected meeting today from the App-Techno logistics, in the evening at 6 .", Vikas said from the other end.

"Ask the team head to attend it " , I replied. The thought of meeting Prisha by any chance, made me feel agitated.

"Um Sir , they want to discuss some important proceedings in your presence."

"Fine, have the meeting room ready then" , I said cutting the call after hearing a "Sure Sir" from the other side .

I didn't have an option. I had to face her.

Prisha , my family constantly bugging me about my marriage plans , the office workload ,and then there was me who had already blurted about the 'Special someone ' to my family. Everything was fucking too consuming. I sighed heavily , rubbing my hand over my face .