24. Vulnerable Moments

Hii Guys!!!

I have written this chapter in one day literally and this might be the longest chapter I have written till date so please vote !!!

 Also, I request you to read the note at the end of the chapter.

ENJOY READING ❤️

----------------------------------------

"There is no need for you to come drop us Veer

"There is no need for you to come drop us Veer. ", my dad spoke as Veer placed the luggage inside his car.

He had come early from work to drop my parents at the airport. Even though I had told him not to , he still insisted on helping. I am assuming it's his way of impressing my parents. Not like they already aren't.

"Please don't hesitate Uncle. It's a hassle to book a cab to the airport. Most of the time the drivers cancel the rides because it's a little far from our place. So it's better if you would let me drop you.", he said , closing the car's trunk while my dad nodded at him.

We sat in the car with my dad occupying the front passenger seat while me and my mom sat at the back.

Throughout the whole ride, it was only the other three talking about random stuff, my mom sharing some of my childhood memories with Veer and my dad discussing politics and cricket while I just sat there , listening to them talk and feeling like an outsider.

I was low key jealous of Veer because he had spent considerably more time than me with my parents for the past two days.

But to be honest, I don't even think I was capable of speaking anything during the ride because I was feeling a surge of emotions. The same emotions I had felt when I had left my parents house two years back , for my job. The feeling of going back to an empty house made me nervous .

After about an hour and fifteen minutes, we reached the airport. Veer took out the luggage while I hugged my parents.

"Veer ko jyada pareshan mat karna theek hai?", my mom patted my cheeks, while smiling goofily at me.

(Don't trouble Veer okay?)

"Don't go naaa", I whined.

"You know we have to Prisha. But we will come sooner okay ", my dad stroked his fingers through my hair. Just then Veer came with the luggage trolley.

"Take care Uncle Aunty and Have a safe journey", Veer bent down to take my parents blessings and then later hugged them.

"Khayal rakhna Beta.", my dad patted Veer's head and took him a little further away from me.

(Take Care )

I was trying to guess what they were talking about by trying to read their lip movements but in vain. Obviously, I wasn't a lip reader. My mom shook my shoulders which made me to stop eyeing the two men.