Part 29: Species Info trade

"Species trade?" The hell was that? "Basically, a share of culture, information, traditions and so on. You explained the term 'racist' is it really bad as you said?" Coran said, "It is. In early years of our planet, racists are what those who discriminate against another. Example is skin color, Shiro, Keith, you and Pidge are white, while the rest of us are dark skinned. Those who were white ended up dead or they were heavily frowned against and hurt, slavery is a big part of discrimination" Marco explained, "It is a really bad time for Earth, Hunk and I had to do history exams on that" Pidge added, "That sounds horrid" Allura was very disturbed, was she really a racist? "So... I was being racist against Ulaz?" she asked, "Yes. Hatred towards someone because of looks or skin color is called racism. It would be like you're hating us because our skin is a different color than yours, dark skinned people are from countries on Earth like Spanish, African, Asian, Indian. They're all dark skinned, my family is Spanish, we aren't fully sure on which Nationality Lance is since we've never met his mom, but he's speaks fluent Spanish pretty well" Marco continued, "Spanish... Earth has a lot of languages?" Coran asked curious, "Plenty, Altea only has one?" Rachel asked, "Indeed, much like the Galra and other species" he said. 

"How come you guys never taught me what the word racist was?" Lance asked with a frown, "Well... for one, you weren't around many people due to mom and the bastard, and besides, you barely knew anything on Earth and at the time we didn't think the word would be important" Marco told him, "Is no one going to tell us what a bastard is?" Nadia asked innocently is, "No, not until your older and do not use that word until you are 18 and over. Got it?" Lance told her sternly, she pouted. "Fine" he looked to Sylvio with the same stern look, "Alright, alright. I promise" Lance was satisfied, "Mama bear boi" Lance glared and made the motion with his fingers to his lips in a 'zip it' action. Marco ignored them. 

"What about writing? Is it different than Altean?" Allura called, "It is, Lance didn't know how to read it when we met him, so it was a bit of a struggle teaching him when he had gotten a habit of mispronouncing things" he grumbled, "They were hard to memorize" he defended, "And we know that" Rachel ruffled his hair as he protested, fixing his hair in a light glare. Sylvio and Nadia teased him but got their hair ruffled instead with whines of protests themselves, Lance grinning in devious victory. "Okay you three enough rough housing" Alex said with a hand on his hip, "We are not" the trio whined, and Hunk and Pidge snickered, "Sure" Shiro rolled his eyes, "But anyway, before we met Ulaz Lance was reading a book he said was Atea's history or something" Rachel reminded, "I knew, he seemed to be able to read some papers in King Alfor's study about a month ago" Allura and Coran blinked and looked to Lance who smiled nervously, "Is it a bad thing?" he asked, unsure of if it was a bad thing. "Um, no, Altean takes a very long while to learn by someone else who isn't Altean. How long have you been able to read it?" Allura asked, she sounded... concerned maybe? "I don't know, truth be told if I'm honest- which I am- I can understand Altean better than Earth or Galra words, letters and numbers" he admitted sheepishly, "He is my decipher" Pidge hugged and arm around his stomach with a grin, Lance blew a raspberry at her.

"Hm, whatever the case may be. It might be because of the computer scan when you Paladins first entered the castle on Planet Arus" Coran suggested, "Yeah no. I still can't read it right, last time I tried learning Altean with the computer the safety was off" Pidge said, "Huh" Allura did not expect that, "Maybe Lance's mom was Altean?" Hunk suggested, "No, he looks very much Human, aside from his Galra side that I saw he rarely let's out" Shiro told him, "I only let it out after a while since it gives me headaches or pain if they're in my body for too long, it is not comfortable" Lance said, Keith plopped his chin on Lance's head with his arms around his waist, bored. "Excuse me sir, but I am not a bed" Lance pouted, "No you aren't but I'm hugging you either way" he replied and did not move, Lance grumbled, and the kids snickered. "Simp~" Pidge sung and Lance glared, "Oh god" Alex smacked his face as he laughed, "Okay, calm down" Marco snorted and checked his husbands face for any pain and found none. "Humans and their customs are confusing sometimes" Coran was amused and Allura smiled. 

---------

2/11/24