CH.1

LONDON

LONDON...._| <

6 years ago

A brunette can be seen in the library, studying with her one and only friend, she sneezed, scrunching her nose to get rid of the itchy feeling.

"Bless you" Her friend said, chuckling.

"I'm atheist" She exclaimed.

"And I am christian" Her friend replied.

Both laughed quietly at their own conversation, she never really mind the small talk while studying, besides, it helps her by not putting pressure to herself too much, and she's thankful that her friend was considerate enough to do that job for her, she can be too harsh on herself sometimes, and too naive, and that's what made her friend want to protect her, she didn't like that, since she's convinced that she can handle herself.

"Ieri we should head out and get some lunch, it's already past 12 and we still haven't eaten-- plus I'm starving" Her friend said as she stretched her limbs.

"Maybe you're right, we've been studying for like 6 hours" She stated as she started to close the books, readying her library pass card.

"I still can't believe how you can hold your hunger that long-- I mean I get it you're a bookworm, but I never expected you to be eating the whole library" He friend whispered to her, tidying up their things, putting it on her bag as she handed Ieri a few of her things which she borrowed during their study.

"That's mean Aofe, well I have spent almost all my life in libraries anyways, so I'll take that as a compliment" She chuckled, as she walked side by side with her friend, exiting the huge library.

"Carlos and the others are going to raid a C-rank gate, I'll tag along with them, are you coming?" Aofe asked, both of them stopping in front of the library's entrance, before they took a step down the stairs.

"Well, there's an exam this thu--" She was cut off by her friend.

"Oh come on! We've studied enough, that was our 7th review already, I bet we can pass the exam without even trying?" Aofe groaned, as Ieri laughed at her friend being so fed up with studying.

"The caf--" She got cut off by her friend once again.

"Hell, you're earning more money by raiding gates than being a cashier in a cafe" She stated.

"I'm actually a barista" Ieri sweat drops at her friend's boldness.

"Yeah I know, I just forgot what you guys are called" Aofe grinned. "I'm just kidding, also, you can just chat me or call me if you're going, don't force yourself omkay? Lavya~" Her friend winked at her as she left Ieri in front of the library, she just chuckled at her friend's behaviour as she started to walk down the stairs and head to her apartment.

She decided to just work at the café and live a peaceful life there, she's not very fond of killing monsters, nor fond of killing. She never liked anything related to chaos. She'd rather live free and in peace.