CH. 12

UNITED KINGDOM

UNITED KINGDOM._|

Everyone was currently having a great time, they decided to have a week's vacation from everything by camping, and now, the four of them are hiking to reach their camping destination.

“Maxwell! Hurry up you snail! You wanted to do campings innit? Now commit to your request and hike fast!” Meredith loudly exclaimed, as she's a few metres ahead from the three.

“THAT'S NOT FAIR! YOU'RE USING YOUR SPRINT! AND HERE I AM JUST USING MY LEGS!” Maxwell complained loudly, yelling back at Meredith. Maxwell started to pick up his pace, following Meredith’s path.

“yeah yeah! Cry about it slow poke!” Meredith teased.

“JUST SO YOU WAIT WHEN I GOT AWAKENED!” Maxwell exclaimed as he started to run after Meredith as she laughed at him while getting chased.

“That is! If you're not an E-rank!” She teased him more, as he groaned.

Their two guardians, Peter and Ieri, laughed at their behaviour. “I swear those two never get tired” she stated as she stopped for a bit to put down her backpack, stretching her back, earning a few satisfying pops.

“They're young, of course they'll have so much room for energy” Peter chuckled, replying to Ieri, eyeing her. He lowered himself a bit as he took her backpack.

“Hey! I'm carrying that!” Ieri said as she tried to take her backpack back, but Peter stretched his arm which had her bag, stepping away from her, he started to laugh.

“you’re already popping your bones, grandma” Peter teased, grinning at the now pouting Ieri.

Ieri once again tried snatching the bag by taking a big step, but Peter then moved away from her, the man chuckling, clearly enjoying this.

“Well I guess being slow runs in the family~” Peter said, taking another step away from her as he started to distance himself away from her.

“Are you sure that Meredith isn't your long lost daughter?” she said gripping on her knees, panting heavily, chuckling at what she said.

“She's just physically active” Peter said, smiling at the panting woman, approaching her.

“So you're saying that I'm not physically active?” She asked him, standing up straight as she finally caught up with her breathing.

Peter just smiled at her, as Ieri raised an eyebrow at him, slightly offended by what he's referring to. She crossed her arms at him as he chuckled.

“OY! YOU TWO HURRY UP! MAXWELL WILL BE TIRED CHASING ME AROUND!” Meredith grinned at them as they could hear Maxwell in the background complaining.

“Come on now, we don't want to keep them waiting” Peter said, smiling at the woman in front of him, offering his hand to her.

She huffed one last time, smiling at the man in front of her, gladly accepting his hand.