Journey Into Powdered Peaks | S1 E1

The rain slowly poured down onto the city. The sounds of the busy roads could be heard faintly below a bridge just above the traffic. A young woman stepped into a puddle while running, looking like she was in a rush to get somewhere. The brunette wore a bubblegum pink hoodie. Her hair vaguely popped out under the hood she had on to shield herself from the rain.

She made it off of the bridge and found herself about to be stopped by a road blockage for construction. Before she allowed herself to lower her momentum she quickly began to change her direction towards a lone trash can. The bubblegum lady quickly pole vaulted off of it to gain the height in order to reach a set of fire escape stairs. She swiftly jumped back off of the stairs once she was past the blocked section, softening the fall with a roll on the ground. Without breaking her previous speed, she continued her run until she reached a laboratory just outside of the city.

She used one of the few keys on her lanyard to open up the gate blocking off the lab. The bubblegum brunette shuffled her way inside of the building, taking off her hood as she made her way up to the staircase towards a silver textured door, with an engraved name 'CHASE ADKINS' She slowly twisted the nob and peaked inside of the room.

???: "Hey, Chase?"

She was then answered by a soft voice. It was a man, roughly the same height as Katie. He had dark brown hair, light green eyes, an orange shirt, and black pants, matching with his black and white sneakers. He sat at a desk with a futuristic looking computer

Chase: "Oh, Katie! Hey! Why are you.. here?— Don't you have work?"

Katie: "The restaurant got closed for the week due to some health code violations, or something.. Which is.. good! For me! Because.. I found another clue! I-I think—" She said as she pulled out a white locket attached to red strings from her pocket.

"Right here! This is her locket! I found it at the peak of the Arid Frontier!! I-If we take a look at Powdered Peaks, we could—!" She then got interrupted by Chase

Chase: "Katie, are you.. serious about this? You know how dangerous Powdered Peaks is, right?.. That's where my boss lives.. You know.. The crazy one I always talk about..? I don't want her finding us there.." He said with clear concern in his eyes

Katie: "Chase, please.. This is the only lead I have!— T-This could be my only chance to find her! W-We have to at least try!— We don't have to take that long there!.." Katie exclaimed, teary eyed.

Something about this did seem to resonate in Chase. He let out a sigh, and nodded his head defeated.

Chase: "Okay, fine.. I suppose I can't really get into trouble if we check there for a couple hours." He said before he pressed a button on the phone set up at his desk.
"Hey, Charity?" He said into the phone

Charity: "The fuck do you want?"

Chase: "I.. need you to cover for me again, please."

Charity: "Ughh.. Fine, whatevie. No more than usual, captain C-Team."

Chase: "Do not. Call me that." He muttered with clear embarrassment hinted all over his face

Charity howled out into a bit of laughter
Charity: "Okay, okay. I'll be there in a minute— Pffft—" She said before Chase hung up.

LATER THAT EVENING...

The two found themselves walking to the peak of the Arid Frontier. Once at the summit, Katie took a look at the city of Greenhorne, placing a hand on her cleric staff. From such a distance, you could see the whole city. Some of the older folk of Miitopia may have talked about how different things used to be back decades ago. Technology just seemed to rapidly advance all of a sudden. She lets out a soft sigh