The Library | S1 E3

Katie and Chase followed Elliot throughout the manor. Chase, of course, didn't take his eyes off of the path they were going down. Meanwhile, Katie was glancing at every detail on the walls, despite seeing them already.

Below the spiral staircase was the large embroidered door leading into the library. The doors slowly swung open, revealing the large archive of books and other resources. Katie's face lit up in awe as she looked all around throughout the room.

It had only been about 20 seconds before Katie had suddenly wandered off to look at the many books. Chase had eventually noticed she had vanished.

Chase: "Hey uh.. Boss?"

Elliot: "Yes?"

Chase: "..Where did.. Katie go?"

Elliot: "..Ah, it appears she walked off from us."

Chase: "Yeah— I know that, but— which hall did she go down?"

Elliot: "That is a fantastic question!"

Chase: "..."

Elliot: "... :)"

Chase just sighed and looked to both of his sides to see if Katie was in either of those directions. She was not.

Chase: "Well— I'm going to look for her."

Elliot: "Okay, have fun with that!"

Elliot replied as Chase entered one of the aisles to his left. After a few minutes of looking he found her sitting in a spinny chair, holding a dusty blue book. It had looked torn and burned on the cover; it had clearly been through a lot, and seemed a bit out of place compared to the other books that were kept in mint condition.

Chase: "Katie!"
He exclaimed, speeding up once he saw her, and then came to a stop when he was next to her.
"Why did you just disappear like that? This place is huge, you made me worried sick!"

Katie: "Sorry! You know I have the attention span of a fly, I can't help it!"

Chase: "..Fair enough."
He then glanced at the book in her hands.
"..What's that?"

Katie: "I dunno, but I found it over here in the back! It's like.. a journal of some kind. It looks pretty old. Should we look through it?"

Chase: "I mean.. sure? Why not?"

Katie: "Yay!!"

She shuffled a bit closer to Chase so he could see the first page as well. She was on the first page; Entry 1, 5/06/99. The handwriting was all neat and cursive.

"Hello, reader. I have started this journal to document my journeys across the world, the universe, and even the multiverse. Who knows, perhaps someone will find this if I ever disappear and share it with the world. Wouldn't that be something? No matter, I'm currently hiding out in a world very similar to my original home dimension. Everything looks.. bluer? It looks nice, I think I could stay here for a while."

Katie and Chase both looked at each other after their read of this first entry

Katie: "..This is.. interesting."

Chase: "Alternate universes, huh?.. I've never even considered that. I thought they were just fiction."

Katie: "Yeah? It's uhm.. A lot to take in all at once."

The two had grown silent for a few seconds before Chase spoke up

Chase: "..Do you wanna keep looking through this one?"

Katie: "Yeah!"

Chase: "Alright then, continue."

Katie: "Oki, I'm gonna kindaa.. Scan through a few pages? Just to kinda get on the juicy stuff!"