ғɪxᴀᴛɪᴏɴ. Aʟᴀsᴛᴏʀ

Music played loudly through the bar. Jazz specifically as the woman on stage sang to her hearts content, her small round face stained with a smile and painted red cheeks.

Her blonde hair curled nicely at her shoulders as she batted her clumped eyelashes and her frilly dress making noise at every move.

Couples came to see her show while others remained there just to party or drink. Few sat at the bar where you remained, your legs crossed in a classy way as you shook the piece of ice in your glass of mainly drank whiskey.

Why did you remain there? You didn't even know the answer to that, however you were quite satisfied with your access to alcohol at just a simple word or a hand signal.

The stool next to you was pulled out as a tall man took a seat next to you; his raspy yet higher pitched voice calling out to the bartender.

"Bartender! One glass of whiskey for me...and a shot for the lady next to me." He said.

You listened closely. That slightly southern accent with a hint of charm in his words. He sounded like the type of guy you'd hear reading bedtime stories on the radio.

"How are you madam?" He asked, leaning on his hand as you felt him staring tensely at you.

You finally turned to him, allowing him to get a good look at your face and giving you a chance to look at him too.

His smile got bigger as he took in your features. Your hair resting gently over your shoulders with a few strands pulled back and held in place by a bow.

You wore a classy black off the shoulder long sleeved dress that stopped at your knees with a small slit at the leg and buttons near it. It wrapped around your waist enough to define it but not to where it was a struggle to breathe.

He took note of your fur coat hanging off your shoulders as his eyes went further down, seeing the thin pantyhose a slightly darker shade than your skin color paired with black heels.

"Eyes are up here mister." You said.

He looked back up instantly, peering through his thin-rimmed glasses as he chuckled.

"So sorry. Just couldn't help but admire your class mademoiselle. What brings you here?"

"The need for a drink and relaxation." You replied.

"And whiskey is your choice to unwind?" He laughed.

You gave a small smile.

"It's a bit funny now that you say it."

"What's your name doll?" He asked.

"(Y/N). How about you?"

"Alastor."

"Like the radio show host?"

He wore a proud look on his face.

"That's me."

You stared in amazement.

"Really? I tune in to listen every chance I get. You're amazing." You smiled.

"I appreciate your affirmations sweetheart. It's always great to meet people with similar interests, especially someone interested in my little ol' show." He purred, lowering his eyelids as he gave you a look.

"You're much different than I expected. Quite charming...and I certainly didn't think I'd meet you ever in this circumstance."

"Lucky you then, huh?" He said.

"I guess so. What's your reasoning for coming?"

The bartender walked over, bringing the drinks in hand. Setting the glass down in front of Alastor before passing you the shot.