Secrets [2]

Minji's POV

I left the hospital and grabbed all of my things. I threw my coat over my back and walked out to the parking garage. I entered my BMW and threw my briefcase to the passenger side and started the car. I drove through the busy streets of Seoul which never failed to boil my blood. After driving for what felt like hours, I finally made it. I rolled down the car window and punched in a pin. Seconds later, the gate opened and I drove in. I stopped the car a few feet after and got out, grabbing my bag. A man bowed 90 degrees to me and got inside the car and parked it. I practically stomped through the front yard and entered the house. I took off my shoes and there he was. Standing with that dumb smile on his face. Next to him was my father, Kim Hyun. My day honestly couldn't have gotten any worse. I threw my bag on the chair and sat down.

"I'm glad you made it home safe."

Nothing came from my mouth. He irritated me. If it wasn't for my father, we would've never met. His name was Soobin and he was my fiancé. Not by choice though. My father's company, Kim Industries, was on the brink of collapse and he was in love with me. It just so happened that he was the son of one of some rich billionaire that was willing to invest in our company. My dad offered me up like I was some kind of meaningless painting up for bids. He didn't even think twice. When I first heard the news, I felt like my life was over. First, my dad tried to force me to take over Kim Industries but when that failed, he forced me to marry a man. And all for what? If he really was a good businessman like he claimed he was, he wouldn't have to basically sell his daughter to keep his company afloat.

"I got you something Minji." Soobin said with a big smile plastered on his face. Every time I see that smile, it makes me want to punch him even more.

He walked out of the living room and came back with an expensive looking box that was neatly wrapped with a bow. He walked up to me and reached out both of his arms, "Here, I think you will really like it."

I wanted to throw the box across the room but my father sat across me with his leg crossed, shooting me a death gaze. I took the box, faked a smile and undid the ribbon. I lifted up the top of the box and in it was a neatly folded red dress from Louis Vuitton. This was definitely something I would never wear. In fact, I hated dresses. They were just too feminine for me, suits were just better. I pretended to smile but I guess my smile wasn't convincing enough because Soobin's smile faded.

"Oh my gosh, do you not like it? Is it not the right size? I can get you a new one if you don't like this one."

"No, no it's not that. I do like it." I did not.

"Well hurry and get changed. I already made a reservation for you two, don't be late." My father said while getting up.

This day just couldn't have gotten any worse. Soobin was actually a decent guy. I just didn't love him..or like him. No feelings were there at all. I just wasn't really all that into men. He was hard working though I must say. He wasn't like a lot of the other rich nepo babies I've met. He actually had a good work ethic and wasn't cocky or overly confident. He didn't try to force himself on me and he was really patient. He gave me the space I needed when I needed it. I guess you can endure anything when you're in love. That didn't change my slight hatred towards him though, I really should be mad at my father but it was easier to hate Soobin. My father put him in charge of the cybersecurity sect of Kim Industries when the deal between Soobin's father and my father was finalized. The position of the CEO of Kim Industries was in route to me but I wasn't too interested in business. I made it very clear from the very beginning that I wanted to pursue healthcare. I just couldn't understand why my dad didn't just put the company in the hands of my younger sister, she was clearly more interested in business than I was anyways. It wasn't all bad I suppose, Soobin fought for me to be able to keep my job as a surgeon when my dad was trying to get me to quit and work for the company full time. I still have to do certain things here and there and have some authority over the security sect.