A lesson with Crowley (CH 4+5)

You help the boys fight off the ghosts with a few of your spells but made sure not to put too much force in them because, well, those ghosts are your friends. but the boys where out of breath and Grim didn't like he had to fight ghosts "Hey, Headmage, what's the deal? What does fightin' ghosts got to do with blot?" Crowley pointed at Grim's collar "Direct your attention to the magestone on your collar, Mr. Grim." Grim looked at the stone on his collar and saw it was kind of dirty "Myah?! My magestone looks all grungy now. ...MYAH?! It won't rub off!" you kneeled down at checked the stone for yourself and rubbed it a bit..then you looked at your finger seeing it didn't get stain as you expected from something called Blot "interesting" Crowley nodded "Precisely. That inky black stain is the byproduct of spellcasting known as "blot."" Deuce looked at his pen "There's some grime on my magical pen, too!" Grim looked disgusted "Ewww! This is capital-G Gross!"

you looked at Crowley "so instead of the Blot forming in the body of the magic caster and essentially poisoning the caster, it is first being absorbed by the stone..but will it come of eventually ?" at first Crowley looked ..almost impressed that you got it so fast but then answered your question "It will. and Miss Vale is right" Grim let out a sigh of relieve "Phew! Had me worried there." Crowley just smiled "With sufficient rest, blot will vanish from your magestone. This is why a magestone is so valuable to magic users. Not only does it aid your casting, it also serves as a lightning rod of sorts, to prevent blot from accumulating within the caster." Deuce nodded in understanding."I see. So when our magestones start to get cloudy, that means it's time for us to ease off." "Correct. Eat well and get plenty of sleep, and most of the blot will clear away." Grim nodded "Gotcha. So when I become an even greater mage, I'll be able to fire off spells left and right! Pa-PEW! After all, I do plenty of sleepin' and eatin'."

Crowley shook his head "People vary greatly in their capacity for magic. However, save for a few key exceptions, there is little variance in most mages' tolerance for blot." At this Grim tilted his head in confusion "What's that mean?" "In essence, it means that those who possess a great capacity for magic must be meticulous in their efforts to avoid accumulating blot. Like Mr. Rosehearts, for instance." Ace nodded. "So folks who know their way around magic gotta lay off once in a while. Seems simple enough." you nodded and Crowley began speaking again "Correct. That said, it isn't anything that mages at YOUR level need to worry about. How very fortunate for you!" you almost laughed at that you put your hand in front of your mouth. but Ace rubbed the back of his head "I...guess that's only kind of an insult?" this statement didn't help your predicament of trying not to laugh your ass off eventually you managed to calm down.

"Anyway, I think I get it. Use magic, get blot. Blot bad. Sleep and food good. But is that really all it took to make Riddle activate berserker mode?" Grim asked the Headmage. Crowley shook his head "The accumulation of blot is significantly affected by the sorcerer's mental state. Anger, fear, panic, sorrow... Harboring those sorts of negative energies hastens the accumulation of blot by a significant degree. This, in turn, leads to the dreadful state known as "overblot."" Deuce put a hand to his chin ""Negative energies," huh? Interesting..." then you spoke up "if i get it correctly Blot is already negative energy in it self but get more well... more potent if Negative feelings are involved especially if you bottle those negative feelings up in yourself and if nothing is done the feelings will take controle. " Crowley nodded "Do you recall the giant shadow that appeared behind Mr. Rosehearts? Such manifestations are believed to be the result of a fusion between blot and negative energies. I'm afraid that's the extent of what current studies have revealed to us, however. There remain many mysteries surrounding overblot. After all, there are not many opportunities for study and observation." 

Ace shivered a bit "Let's hope it stays that way!" Crowley nodded "It is fortunate that we were able to snap Mr. Rosehearts out of it so quickly. If that had been allowed to continue...AAAH! It is a prospect too terrifying to consider!" Grim jumped out of his skin "GAH! W-what's your problem?! Yellin' outta the blue like that!" 'Crowley really needs to lay off the Coffee for a god damn while ' Crowley cleared throat  "Forgive me. I lost my composure. In summary, the use of magic is always accompanied by a certain degree of risk. And I expect you all to keep that in mind."