Chapter 43

Doyoung's POV

The morning sun streamed through the dorm windows, stirring us from sleep. A smile spread across my face as I remembered - today was a day just for us.

"Rise and shine!" I called out, met by a chorus of groans and shuffling feet. One by one, they emerged, hair tousled, eyes still heavy with sleep. But then, the contagious energy began to spread as we discussed the day ahead.

"I vote we go on an adventure!" Haechan exclaimed, always one for spontaneity.

"As long as there's food involved, I'm in," Johnny chuckled.

Soon, a plan was hatched. We'd explore the city, let the day unfold however it wished, with the goal of creating joyful memories together. Even Taeyong, usually our steadfast leader, had a youthful glow about him today. The lingering haze of his littlespace seemed to fill him with lightness.

After a hearty breakfast, we ventured out into the sunshine. Taeyong happily situated himself in Jaehyun's strong arms, pacifier bobbing as he pointed at things that caught his eye.

"To the park!" Mark declared enthusiastically. And so our meandering journey began.

Sprawled on a grassy hillside, we shared snacks and stories that elicited deep belly laughs. Yuta taught us silly games from his childhood, the rules barely decipherable through his own fits of giggles. Taeyong's hair danced in the breeze as he rolled around, exclaiming, "Again, again!" After each game. Time melted away, and the day embraced us in its warmth.

When grumbling stomachs eventually signaled lunchtime, we wandered the streets in search of our next destination. Taeyong's gleeful shout led us to salvation - an ice cream parlor! A menagerie of flavors awaited us, each more enticing than the last.

"I want that one!" Taeyong exclaimed, pointing to a cotton candy swirl. Jungwoo scooped him a generous portion, complete with rainbow sprinkles. The look of pure delight on Taeyong's face as he tasted the sweet treat will be etched in my memory forever.

Our bellies are now satisfied with icy goodness, and we continued our aimless urban trek. The sounds of street musicians mingled with lively chatter from sidewalk cafes. Taeyong snuggled into Jaehyun's shoulder, enthralled by the kaleidoscope of city sights and sounds.

As dusk approached, our ears caught the faint sound of someone crooning a familiar tune. We glanced at each other with knowing smiles. Soon, we found ourselves in a cozy karaoke room, laughter and off-key singing filling the air. For a moment, the weight of expectations melted away, leaving only our unrestrained joy and camaraderie.

The golden hues of sunset welcomed us as we made our way back home, the day's adventures leaving us with weary but happy hearts. Taeyong was cradled in Johnny's arms now, dozing peacefully.

Back at the dorm, though exhausted, we lingered together - reluctant to let the day end. Over late night snacks, we reminisced on the impromptu magic we had created together.

As the moon ascended in the sky, casting its glow across our home, I was filled with deep gratitude. Through all the twists and turns, we had each other. That would always be enough.