Chapter 6

As she responded, King Snape's eyes narrowed subtly, a sign of his growing suspicion. He hadn't expected or imagined such a situation. "And what made you think that was the case?" Although his voice remained cool and composed, there was a subtle hint of menace lurking beneath the surface.

Lily's gaze flickered to Lucius, who observed them intently. She wrote, "In my dream, Lucius was plotting with the enemies of each realm. The Realm of Void."

Snape's face momentarily betrayed surprise as she mentioned the Realm of Void. "Is that so?" As he mused, his eyes regained their hardened expression. "And did you confront him about these... allegations?"

As she shook her head, his voice turned icy and unwavering. "Why not?" he asked, leaning forward. "Was it because you were afraid of what he might do to you?"

With a slight shake of her head, Lily wrote, "I just had these unsettling dreams tonight."

"I see. Well, I appreciate the information you've provided. There is a lot of work that needs our attention." He stood up, his gaze locked on Lily. "You're free to go back to your chambers."

Lily looked up at him with a warm smile, her arms instinctively encircling his waist before she departed from the study. Severus observed the woman's graceful departure from his study, a subtle smile tugging at the edges of his mouth.

Stepping forward, Lucius's face twisted into a disapproving expression. "My lord, you're getting emotionally close to this woman," he said, a growl in his voice.

Anger flashed in Snape's eyes as he locked gazes with Lucius. "And what business is it of yours?" As he turned away, his voice dripped with bitterness, his thoughts consumed by the information Lily had shared. Thoughts of the enigmatic Realm of Void consumed Severus's mind as he contemplated the potential involvement of Lucius, should Lily's accusations prove true.

Snape's words took aback Lucius, and his eyes blinked in surprise. "My lord, I must remind you of the task at hand. We can still use her to take over the Spring Realm."

"I am well aware of our aim, Lucius," he snapped back, his frustration evident in his tone. "However, do not question my methods or emotional boundaries." He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath to calm his rising anger, before declaring, "She is merely a pawn in our game."

Lucius nodded, his eyes filled with understanding. "I see. Well played, my lord. She seems to trust you."

"Trust?" A mischievous glint sparkled in the king's eyes as a low chuckle slipped from his lips. "She doesn't trust me, Lucius. She's simply afraid of me. And that," he said, his eyes glinting with a sinister satisfaction, "is how I like it."

"Then if she doesn't trust you, my lord," Lucius asked, "why did she embrace you?"

"Because she doesn't have a choice," Snape said, his voice dripping with darkness. "She's my captive, and I can do as I please with her." A cruel smile curled the corner of his lips. "But dear not, dear Lucius..."

"My lord, you appeared taken aback when she embraced you," Lucius observed, carefully studying Snape's reaction while keeping his hands clasped behind his back.

"To be honest, I wasn't surprised at all," he admitted, his tone filled with indifference. "I was simply intrigued. Her fear and desperation can be quite... arousing. But she'll learn to loathe me before long enough. And then, we'll see who she truly trusts," Snape said, staring into the fireplace.

"Hmm," Lucius hummed skeptically, his eyebrows furrowing slightly, but he decided not to probe any further. "In other news, should we guard her against the schemes of her wicked twin?"