5: Rules, rules?

"Welcome to the living room; you've been here. Feel free to do your stuff here. Just make sure to keep everything clean."

Guinevere is currently 'touring' me inside her house. Since we finally agreed to live together (which still sounds weird when I actually say it in my head), I'm officially having the grand tour.

I went home last night to return Mia's car and to get my things. Mia was thrilled about the set-up. Sabi niya deserve ko daw ng tahimik na buhay at bahay, like I'm actually going to live with my tall, gorgeous, blonde wife forever. Tsk.

Akala ko nga ay hindi ko siya maabutan sa bahay niya, but I was wrong. Sabadao nga pala ngayon and to my surprise, she's waiting for me at her front door. She also registered my fingerprint in her automatic keypad just in case daw makalmutan ko yung passcode.

"Dining, kitchen, and over there is the utility area."

"Are we going to have separate food and groceries? May I store food in the fridge, and use the stove —"

"I'm not a monster, Iris. Of course, you can use everything here. Feel free to cook anything you want, or buy your own food, I don't care. Every Sunday may nag re-refill ng gamit sa bahay. Naglilinis din pala sila, so don't be surprised if you wake up to them vacuuming everything."

I just nodded. At least that one's clear. "Are you home often?"

"Why?" She asked. A hint of curiosity is obvious in her voice.

I can't see her face because she's walking in front of me. "Hmm, wala lang. Just wondering if I should prepare food for you also."

That made her turn. She is smirking at me. She took a step towards me and dipped her head so our eyes were on the same level. "Rule number seven: We don't need to do wifely duties with each other. And that includes preparing food, buying gifts, and saying words of affirmations."

"I—I didn't mean it that way!"

Did she think I was being 'wifely' when I asked that? Hell, no! I was being human. Nadagdagan na naman and listahan ko ng bad traits ni Guinevere. U-N-G-R-A-T-E-F-U-L.

She started walking again and continued the tour. "This is the patio, the pool, and the garden."

"Wow, there's a pool!" I excitedly exclaimed. I ran to the side and touched the water. It's cool. Mukhang masarap mag swimming. "I can swim, right?"

"Sure. Just no skinny dipping."

I scrunched my nose. As if naman.

"Time to go upstairs. Come on, I only have limited time for this," she started to walk again.

Wala akong nagawa kundi parang bata na nakasunod sa kanya. Mas mahaba ang mga hakbang niya kaya lakad-takbo ako ngayon.

"You don't have to tour me, you know. You can just show me the room where I'm staying and I'll figure out the rest of your house."

"No!" She stopped dead in her tracks. Dahilan para bumangga ang mukha ko sa likod niya. She turned around and looked at me with such seriousness . "There are...there are parts of the house that are not to be touched."

Tumaas ang kilay ko. What could she possibly be hiding? A dungeon? A kinky room? I felt my face blush at the last thought.

"Why are you blushing?" Curious na tanong niya.

"W—wala. Tuloy mo na." I pushed her forward.

"Hep, hep. Rule number five." She's talking about maintaining the six feet distance.

I instinctively stepped back. Nakakahiya naman sa kanya. Ako nag set ng rule na yon tapos ako pa pala etong hindi sumusunod. "Sorry," I said.

Mukhang hindi na niya iyon pinansin at naglakad paakyat sa hagdan. When we reached the landing, I saw four doors.