Chapter 5: Night in Velaris

My room in the house of wind is much bigger than I expected. I have a large balcony that leads  out to an amazing view of the city and the large windows carry starlight into the room. Everything is a shade of dark blue or silver and it makes me feel like I am going to be sleeping in the night sky. 

My room is right next to Nyx's. I can practically feel his presence through the wall of my room. I am strangely glad I have someone I know close by just incase anything happens. Now that I really think about it though, I have no idea why I trust Nyx so much. I have just met him yet I feel safer when he is around. 

Maybe the Night Court is just full of really kind people. Maybe Nyx and his family will not be a threat to Terrasen afterall. Even if that are not a threat, I still do not know anything about the rest of Prythian.

I should really ask Nyx more about Prythian and the rest of the Night Court. But for now, I need a bath. My shoulder muscles ache from the constant stress I have put on myself today. A nice warm bath always calms me down. 

I make my way to the large bathroom connected to my room. As soon as I walk in the bath water starts running on its own. I cautiously stick a finger into the running water. The water feels normal and it is pretty hot. I wish this has bubbles. As soon as the thought crosses my mind the bath water is covered in white bubbles. What the heck is this? Some magic bathwater? 

My brain is telling my not to get in, but my sore muscles are telling me that I need this bath. I stick my left foot in first and am relieved when it does not immediately fall off. Maybe this really just bathwater. I slip all the way into the bath and sigh in relief when warm water hits my skin. 

✧✧✧

When I get out of the bath my skin seems to smells like starlight and roses. The soap here smells so amazing. Back home everything smells so light and bright. The soap here smells warm and deep. It almost smells like a hug from the night sky. 

I small silver nightgown is laid out on my bed in the middle of the room. Do I also have a magic bed? Is this place like all magic? I slip on the silver nightgown and look in the mirror. I look pretty good. 

I pull back the blankets and slip into my new bed, the sheets are a rich blue that match the color of the night sky. The sheets are so silky and soft, almost as if I am on a cloud. I sink deep into the bed and relax. The glass ceiling above me revels the moon high in the light sky. I wish I could touch the moon. 

I close my eyes and imagine that I am flying through the night sky. I am one with the stars and moon. Two hands are behind my holding me waist as I hold out my hands to feel the air rushing by. My mind wants me to looks behind me to see who is holding my but my dream body does not move. 

When I wake up the Velaris' bright sun is blinding me. Having such large windows in my room is great at night, but in the morning it leads to such a rude awakening. I pull my covers over my sensitive eyes to keep the sun away. 

I walk to the bathroom and notice and letter was slipped under my door some time last night. I shuffle over to the small note and read it. 

Evalin, 

Get dressed in something casual and meet me in the dining room. I have something I want to show you. 

~ N ❤︎

I am confused on where Nyx would be taking me and I honestly don't have the energy to get dressed right now. I have never been a morning person unless I am forced to be.

I come to the sudden realization that I have no idea where I should go. I only know how to get back the the room where I met Nyx's family. When Nyx was walking me to my room last night I tried to make a mental map of the place but all the winding hallways and staircases made it hard. 

Suddenly, there is a knock at the door followed by a deep voice. "Evalin, are you awake." 

I drag my feet across the cold floor and open my door. Nyx is standing in front of me and he looks completely ready for the day. I notice his eyes roam up and down my body, taking in the sight of my in so little. 

Nyx smirks at my. "Get dressed, i'm going to take you around Velaris. There is an outfit in your closet you can wear." 

"Excuse me?" Someone is bossy in the morning. 

"Didnt you get my note? You want to know more about Prythian, so I figured I would take you around Velaris." It's honestly a sweet gesture. "I will be waiting here for you when you are done." I nod at him, still pretty tired from just waking up. 

I close the door and shuffle over to the bathroom to splash cold water on my face. I brush out my silver hair and walk out of the bathroom with a little more pep in my step. I walk over to a door that I assume is a closet and open it. My closet is full of dresses, pants, tops, and even the clothes I brought from home. The back wall is covered in different types. of heels and boots. Almost everything is a shade of blue, purple, black, silver, or gold. The Night Court sure sticks with a certain theme. 

There is a small love seat in the middle of the room and an outfit is laid out on top of it. The outfit is a pair of navy blue baggy pants and a matching cropped top. They are both covered with little gold embellishments and the pants have a solid gold moon on them. Apparently the Night Court also has a thing for showing off a lot of skin. 

I pray to the Gods that it will not be cold today and slip into the outfit. Night Court clothes re honestly quite flattering on my. I open the door to my room and Nyx is leaning against the far wall waiting for me like he said he would be. Once again his eyes roam over my body and he smiles. 

"You looks great in that outfit. The Night Court really suits you." I know it is a kind complement but it makes me a bit sad. I am not a Night Court girl, i'm from Terrasen, and hearing that another place fits me makes me miss my home.

"Are you ready to see Velaris?" I put on a smile for Nyx's sake. 

"Yes."